PDA

View Full Version : Panasonic DMP-BDT210 doesn't show subtitles (srt)

shmyak
01-08-2012, 02:58 AM
Hello
I installed a fresh Mezzmo version 2.5. The subtitles don't show up on my device. (srt in my case)
I attached the log

Thanks
Michael

geree
01-08-2012, 06:19 AM
I don't know if it's related or not, but I have a Panasonic tx-p42g20e TV and I have the same issue (subtitles are not showing...) maybe a vendor specific issue.

Paul
01-09-2012, 09:58 AM
The TV only supports external subtitles for DivX (.AVI) files. Perhaps it's the same for the BDP as well? What types of files are you trying to play?

The attached log is only for the Mezzmo GUI - we'd need to see the server logs (from the "MezzmoMediaServer.exe" folder) to check this issue.

shmyak
01-10-2012, 01:18 AM
The TV only supports external subtitles for DivX (.AVI) files. Perhaps it's the same for the BDP as well? What types of files are you trying to play?

The attached log is only for the Mezzmo GUI - we'd need to see the server logs (from the "MezzmoMediaServer.exe" folder) to check this issue.

the "MezzmoMediaServer.exe" folder was empty? is there anything I can do so it will log the information into this folder?

Paul
01-10-2012, 08:59 AM
If that folder is empty, then most likely you didn't restart the server using the stop/start button on the toolbar after enabling logging. Please restart the server and try again.

shmyak
01-11-2012, 11:47 AM
Yeah , you are right
Attached is the file with the logs. Still can't load subtitles.

Paul
01-11-2012, 11:51 AM
Thanks for the log. The "Panasonic BDP" device profile transcodes AVI files, since the BDP doesn't support them, thus you don't get the subtitles.

If you turn off transcoding, does the BDP play that file natively? If it doesn't, then the device profile is correct and unfortunately you won't get subtitles (until the next major of Mezzmo is released with a subtitle engine). If the BDP does play that AVI file natively, then you'll need a new device profile for it - in this case, please open a support ticket and I'll send one to you.

shmyak
01-11-2012, 12:50 PM
yeah, you are right it doesn't play avi without transcoding.
When do you think a new version which will support subtitles for my case will be available?

Paul
01-11-2012, 01:06 PM
I can't give any exact dates, but looks like 2-3 months away from now.