PDA

View Full Version : Support of Sony BDP S480

Coyote
01-09-2012, 12:32 AM
Hello,

I found there is 4 profiles for Sony BDP blu ray player.
The one which fits the best is "Sony BDP PAL/NTS, MKV, no DIVX"
Unfortunatly AVI is not supported.

By browsing C:\ProgramData\Conceiva\Mezzmo\DeviceProfiles, I found a "SONY BDP" profile which is hidden from mezzmo.
That one enables AVI support but does not allow MKV.

I submit my custom profile to support both.

Enjoy.

Note: BDP S480 does not support MKV with MP2 video. I disable the MP2 codec for MKV profile.

Paul
01-09-2012, 11:17 AM
Hello,

Thank you for submitting that device profile. We'll check it out here and include with the next Mezzmo update.

Just a small note: each device profile must have a unique <guid> in order to be picked up by Mezzmo. I've modified your profile to be:

<guid>5C4D4922-5C98-404e-BAEE-E51064024DB0</guid>

jamesmdr
02-11-2012, 11:48 PM
Sorry, but this profile does not work with DivX (.AVI) with subtitles (.SRT). The movie is displayed with no subtitles. I have a BDP S-580 (same as S-480 but with wifi built in). Same files on a pendrive work fine.

JohnM
02-19-2012, 11:55 AM
Sony has intentionally crippled dlna support for divx/avi on all players in the us, in Canada it works fine.

Paul
02-20-2012, 10:18 AM
Sorry, but this profile does not work with DivX (.AVI) with subtitles (.SRT). The movie is displayed with no subtitles. I have a BDP S-580 (same as S-480 but with wifi built in). Same files on a pendrive work fine.

Sony BDPs do not support external subtitles via DLNA, unfortunately.

Sony has intentionally crippled dlna support for divx/avi on all players in the us, in Canada it works fine.

Yes, Asian/European players show DivX/AVI just fine as well (but no external subtitles).