PDA

View Full Version : Where did my pre-transcoded file go?

bsantelli
01-09-2012, 02:37 PM
So I pre-transcoded a file and it completed successfully. But when I go to the transcoding tab on the file properties, it doesn't show any transcoded files, BUT yet if I press the pre-transcode button and try to per-transcode it, it says it is already transcoded (since I have the option to transcode only if the file hasn't been pre-transcoded yet checked).

So it appears the file has been transcoded, BUT it doesn't show up in the transcoding tab of the file properties.

Brian

Paul
01-09-2012, 02:53 PM
Brian,

Can you please send your Mezzmo.db and MezzmoTranscode.db files to support? Also, please say which file you've pre-transcoded in the support e-mail.

bsantelli
01-10-2012, 02:33 AM
Dennis - I have the files ready to send - but the .db files are 156mb zipped and it is too large for me to email. Do you have a ftp site I can upload it to? in the mean time, I sent the screen prints.

68vette
01-10-2012, 03:47 AM
I'm also seeing the exact same thing happening. I was getting some of my files pre-transcoded. After complete I checked the transcode tab and there was the indication of what profile it had been transcoded for. Then I checked a day or so later and the information had disappeared, even though the transcoded file did exist.
This makes it difficult to know if the file has been done or not.
Peter

bsantelli
01-10-2012, 04:21 AM
yeah, I didn't mention it but yes, after initial pre-transcoded, I too saw it in the transcoding tab but now disappeared. unlike the person in another thread however, I have NOT done a maintain library function. Unfortunately, I have no way to confirm if the transcoded file actually exists since I have way too many in that folder, HOWEVER, I suspect it doesn't because when I tried to play that file, it wouldn't allow pause, etc which it only allows when the file is 100% transcoded. So to me it appears that the transcoded file actually went away on disk and in the transcoding pane (for some unknown reason), but the library (or something within mezzmo) still thinks it is there and therefore you can't pre-transcode it again.

Paul
01-10-2012, 10:01 AM
Regarding large files - please upload anything larger than 10MBs to a site like www.megaupload.com and send the download link to support. We'll investigate what's going on.

bsantelli
01-10-2012, 02:40 PM
Thanks Dennis - as mentioned in my email, I have uploaded and provided you with the link. I am thinking/hoping that with my specific screen prints and the .db files, you and your staff will be able to figure this out.
BTW - I have previously reported that I did not perform a library maintenance after I pre-transcoded, BUT actually I am not 100% sure of that now - and the more I think about it and try to re-trace my steps I am thinking I did indeed do a library maintenance after I pre-transcoded my files.

Paul
01-10-2012, 02:51 PM
Ok, thanks for the files. I'll get back to you via e-mail after going through them.

68vette
01-11-2012, 12:14 AM
I verified last night that my transcoded files are still there and all plays fine, but when you check the transcoding tab for the individual file it doesn't show any files present. This indication seems to disappear sometime after the file has been fully transcoded. I haven't done a library maintenance action.

Peter

kencfii
01-11-2012, 06:55 AM
Just curious,
How large are the trans coded files in relation to the original?

I am worried about HD space if I trans code a good portion of my video.

Thanks

Paul
01-11-2012, 09:58 AM
I verified last night that my transcoded files are still there and all plays fine, but when you check the transcoding tab for the individual file it doesn't show any files present. This indication seems to disappear sometime after the file has been fully transcoded. I haven't done a library maintenance action.

Thanks for the update - we'll continue monitoring this.

Just curious,
How large are the trans coded files in relation to the original?

I am worried about HD space if I trans code a good portion of my video.

Depending on the input and output formats, it may take up to 4-5 more than the originals. It could also be similar or even less. It's not really possible to say without knowing what format the majority of your files are (video codec) and which device profile you are using (output format).

bsantelli
01-13-2012, 05:47 AM
I have discovered the issue to the disappearing transcoded files is NOT unique to just pre-transcoded files, but also files that get transcoded on the fly by watching a video that wasn't transcoded. in other words, I had a video that wasn't transcoded, watched it one night, went to look a day (or two max) later and the transcoding pane showed no file listed.

Paul
01-13-2012, 09:53 AM
You mean the transcoding tab in the properties, right? The transcoding pane only shows the current transcoding queue.

With the files you sent in, I can see at least one potential issue, so we'll be working on getting this fixed soon.

68vette
01-14-2012, 12:41 PM
Hi Dennis,

Ok, so I've now experienced the same occurance as Brian. I noticed some of my pre-transcoded files are gone or at least not working correctly not just missing from the transcoded tab for the file.
I was searching through some music videos from the TV dlna menu which have all been already transcoded for the present Pansonic profile, our computer then became almost unusable, I checked the transcoder-pane and it was reporting a whole bunch of videos that had started to be transcoded just from searching through them on the tv. (transcoder set to normal priority)
The odd part is the file size for the transcoded folder I don't think has changed in size since the last time I processed a file.

Hope this helps in solving the issue
Thanks for the excellant support on this product!!

Regards,

Peter

Paul
01-16-2012, 09:55 AM
Hi Peter,

Thank you for the additional information. The new files could be coming in if you have Video preview enabled on the TV - when this feature is enabled, it means the TV will actually request the video file to be delivered and Mezzmo may need to transcode it in order for the TV to show it in the small preview window.

68vette
01-17-2012, 03:48 AM
Hi Dennis,

Thanks for the tip on this, yes I may have this enabled so I will check as it does cause issue when someone else in the family is using the computer.

One further question on this which was related to another thread. Is there a way of identifying the transcoded files and what original file they belong to? When I go into the transcoded file directory the files are only identified with numbered titles.

Thanks again,

Peter

Paul
01-17-2012, 10:02 AM
Hi Peter,

There is currently no easy (automatic) way to identify the files from the folder. The numbers are actually database IDs, so if you are comfortable browsing databases, you could open up Mezzmo.db and match them up. We'll add a function to make the file identifiable in a future update.

bsantelli
02-01-2012, 11:24 PM
You mean the transcoding tab in the properties, right? The transcoding pane only shows the current transcoding queue.

With the files you sent in, I can see at least one potential issue, so we'll be working on getting this fixed soon.

Dennis - any update on this?

Paul
02-02-2012, 09:55 AM
It's being looked at and hopefully should be fixed for the next minor update.