PDA

View Full Version : New to Forum and Mezzmo

sportflyer
01-10-2012, 01:19 PM
I am considering using Mezzmo as my DLNA server . I am currently running Win7 in all my networked computers. . I am currently using Network Shares to stream my media ( mostly movies and music ) to WDTV live . I am thinking of changing over to DLNA Media Server as almost all my devices are DLNA capable, Receivers, TV's, DVD players etc.

I have a few questions before I install Mezzmo:

a) Will Mezzmo work with Windows Shares still activated for the media folders or do I have to stop sharing before installing Mezzo to prevent conflicts?

b) I will install Mezzmo in one computer , how to find the media files in the other networked computers?

c) Do I need to disable WMP and WMC before installing Mezzmo to prevent conflicts ?( I have not used either WMP nor WMC to stream or play any media files on my computer ).

Thanks

Paul
01-10-2012, 01:57 PM
Mezzmo will work fine with your shares (provided access permissions are set correctly, or not set at all) and you shouldn't need to disable WMP/WMC.

To find files from other networked computers, you'll need to share folders on those computers and then add those folders to Mezzmo.

sportflyer
01-11-2012, 05:45 AM
Thanks. I will download and try .