PDA

View Full Version : Mezzmo add-in for WHS 2011

bgeneto
01-16-2012, 07:54 AM
I have tested Mezzmo with Windows Home Server (WHS) 2011 and it works like a charm. Undoubtedly the best Media Server I have ever worked with. I would like to know if there is a Mezzmo add-in for WHS 2011? If not, when it will be released? Congrats Conceiva and keep going...

TIA.

Paul
01-16-2012, 08:46 AM
Thank you - I'm glad to hear it works well. Currently there are immediate plans to create a WHS add-in. We may consider this some time during 2012, but at the moment there are no such plans.

Andre C
04-06-2012, 07:08 PM
Thank you - I'm glad to hear it works well. Currently there are immediate plans to create a WHS add-in. We may consider this some time during 2012, but at the moment there are no such plans.

As state above Mezzmo works very well on Windows Home Server 2011. A WHS 2011 Add-in would move Mezzmo another step or two higher above the competition. Would not have to be too fancy, just the ability to create/change play lists and maybe start a pre-trancoding session. Would not have to be for free either. I would happily pay $10-$20 for that.

Cheers,

Andre C

Pootle
04-12-2012, 08:35 PM
+1 from me too. I agree that it would set Mezzmo even further apartfrom the competition

Quigongentoo
05-08-2012, 07:48 AM
I would like to put a +1 in this too, however Im not sporting 2011, Id like it for the original WHS

smitbret
02-06-2013, 05:24 AM
Sorry to necro this thread, but I am looking to set up a NAS with WHS 2011 so that I can install Mezzmo. What is the difference between installing Mezzmo on WHS 2011 and an add-in? Will I not be able to access Mezzmo remotely with WHS 2011? I want to be able to run the NAS headless.

Sorry if this seems simple, I have no experience with WHS 2011.

Paul
02-06-2013, 10:55 AM
You can run Mezzmo & Mezzmo server on your WHS 2011 machine now. You will need to use Remote Desktop to access the Mezzmo application to add files, run maintenance, etc. If Mezzmo had an WHS add-in, then it would integrate into WHS 2011 better and allow you to configure it without the need for Remote Desktop. However, Ii you are comfortable using Remote Desktop, then there's no real benefit of using an add-in.

smitbret
02-08-2013, 02:31 AM
You can run Mezzmo & Mezzmo server on your WHS 2011 machine now. You will need to use Remote Desktop to access the Mezzmo application to add files, run maintenance, etc. If Mezzmo had an WHS add-in, then it would integrate into WHS 2011 better and allow you to configure it without the need for Remote Desktop. However, Ii you are comfortable using Remote Desktop, then there's no real benefit of using an add-in.

Excellent. I messed around with Remote Desktop Services today between 2 Windows 7 PCs and it seems pretty smooth. I will install my version of Mezzmo on the new WHS box and run it headless from one of the other PCs. Thanks.