PDA

View Full Version : Working with the DirecTV DVR

Stacman
01-18-2012, 03:06 AM
I just recently started using Mezzmo, and prefer it over all others I've tried, but the interface with my DirecTV DVR is confusing. With the server running, the UI shows DirecTV as a connected device, and Mezzmo appears on my DVR. However, when I select Mezzmo for the media, more times than not it says it can't connect to the server. I don't believe this is a Mezzmo issue because when I reset the DVR it worked, but the very next time it wouldn't connect to the server. Resetting the DVR takes about 20 minutes each time, so it gets to be a annoying. I've tried tweaking the DVR connection settings thru the Mezzmo UI, but no difference.

Has anyone else experienced the same thing, and do you have any theories or suggestions?

Thanks!

Paul
01-18-2012, 08:47 AM
Can you please enable logging (see this thread: http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) then reproduce the issue when it doesn't connect and once that happens, stop the server and send the logs to support. Please also mention the IP address of your DVR in the support e-mail.

Circadianswing
01-18-2012, 02:27 PM
My directv hd dvr connects fine and i can play the video, but the fast forward/rewind buttons are not active. Any thoughts?

Paul
01-18-2012, 02:57 PM
The DirecTV units do not support FF/REW while a file is being transcoded, so I suspect that this is what's happening. Please try to pre-transcode a file and play it again and see if FF/REW works then.

Also, which DirecTV model do you have and which device profile are you using?