PDA

View Full Version : Few questions before buying regarding Subtitles, Audio streams, MKVs

alef
01-27-2012, 05:14 PM
Hello guys,

before buying Mezzmo, I want to ask few questions about problem i am experiencing.

Enviroment:
Server Core i7, Windows7, Mezzmo server/client, 1000 Mbps wired network, and 802.11b/g Wifi

Dlna(Mezzmo) consumers:
Xbox 360 (Wired connection to server)
Samsung LE46A856 (Wired connection to server)
Huawei Mediapad (Android Honeycomb) Tablet (Wireless connection to server)
HTC Desire HD Phone (Wireless connection to server)

1. Subtitles
Please how can i set subtitles visible for streamed video?
In Mezzmo specification there is told that it is supportded, but in every video i play, I do not see them.
Subtitles are in *.srt file, in the same directory as video, and have the same filename.
It is NOT working on any of my mezzmo consumer devices mentioned above.

2. Subtitles embeded in MKV video file
I have the same question as 1. but in this scenario subtitles are embeded in MKV video file.
How do I show them?
How do I select subtitles in language I want, if there are more in MKV video file?

3. Audio stream in MKV file
Please how do i select audio stream in MKV file, in language i want? Usualy I have MKVs which has
more audio streams, in more languages. Is it posible to select it somehow?

In PS3 MediaServer there is a posibility in configuration to set priority of subtitle, and audio stream languages, is this option somewhere in mezzmo. Mezzmo is much more comfortable than PS3 Mediaserver, but I'm not able to figure out, how to deal with these problems.

Thank you very much for your time.

Alef :o

Paul
01-30-2012, 08:54 AM
Hello Alef,

At the moment Mezzmo only supports streaming external subtitle files to your devices, so unless your device supports showing external subtitles, they won't come up. Out of your devices, probably only the Samsung TV has support for external subtitles (but may not as well). See if there's a subtitle option in the Tools menu when playing a movie on it.

MKVs will be transcoded for most of the devices and embedded subtitles will be dropped at that point and so will the extra audio streams.

The next major update of Mezzmo will allow you to burn-in subtitles (for devices that don't support external subtitles) and also have the ability to choose an audio stream you wish to play.