PDA

View Full Version : Panasonic TX-P42V10B

Roofus
01-31-2012, 08:46 AM
Hi,

I have been using Twonky since i had my TV in 2009 but recent new avi's dont seem to work so i though Mezzmo would give me a seamless method of viewing new and old without the need to convert a lot of videos.

I have installed the latest version and it detected by Tv as a Panasonic Viera 2011. The TV spotted Mezzmo, i can see the folders, navigate to the .avi's and see the new thumbnails but if i select an avi which does play though Twonky, it states "File Not Supported" and shows as an DivX file. Transcode should not be needed as it works via Twonky & Windows Media. I then try a file that doesnt play, and that returns the same error.

I then switched to the "Panasonic Viera None DivX" version which i shouldnt need to as it plays DivX. Same errors, just the file format changes to Video File rather than DivX.

But if i pre-transcode the video, it works.

Help, i really want this to work.

Paul
01-31-2012, 09:52 AM
Hi,

Can you please tell me what do those AVI files show up when you use Twonky?

Roofus
01-31-2012, 08:13 PM
Hi,

The file that works shows on the tv as "Video File", the other shows no type & reports after a couple of seconds "File not supported".
If i use Twonky Media Browser on the PC, both files show as "Video Clip", doesnt give much more info.

To do a less random set of tests i have noted:

PC: Windows 7 x64 - All updates etc
BT Net Protect Plus AV/Firewall etc (McAfee)

File 1 - Doesnt Work with Twonky
Mezzmo reports proerties as:
W:960
H:528
Duration:00:43:24
File Format:AVI format
Codec:MPEG-4 part 2
Audio:ATSC A/52 / AC-3
Bit Rate:2257249
Sample:48000

File 2 - Does work on Twonky
W:624
H:352
Duration:00:43:33
File Format:AVI format
Codec:MPEG-4 part 2
Audio:MP3 (MPEG audio layer 3)
Bit Rate:1121154

File 3 - Doesnt work on Twonky - Added this to the test as its an mkv so it must force a transcode (i think)
W:1280
H:720
Duration:00:42:38
File Format:Matroska file format
Codec:H.264 / AVC / MPEG-4 AVC / MPEG-4 part 10
Audio:ATSC A/52 / AC-3
Bit Rate:3672065

None play using Mezzmo:
To Re-test ...
Checked TV running latest firmware

Mezzmo re-started, transcode files all removed, manually cleared transcode folder, renamed test files to ensure i am starting a clean test.

Mezzmo Setting:Panasonic Viera
File 1 - DivX file type shown - Cannot read file
File 2 - DivX file type shown - Cannot read file
File 3 - No file type shown - File not supported

Mezzmo Setting:Panasonic (2011 models)
File 1 - DivX file type shown - Cannot read file
File 2 - DivX file type shown - Cannot read file
File 3 - JPEG type shown - File not supported

Mezzmo Setting:Panasonic (No divx)
File 1 - No file type shown - File not supported
File 2 - No file type shown - File not supported

Mezzmo does not appear to transcode any file automatically. Double checked, its set to transcode incompatable files. Firewall setting in mezzmo reports ok.
Made sure Twonky server closed. Also closed "Air Video" which i use to stream to ipod & ipad (transcoding) of which all 3 work fine so that rules out file corruption (i suggest).

The other 2 servers i have ...
File 1:
Twonky: "Video File" type shown on tv, after a few seconds, reports "File not supported"
Windows Media Server - Plays!
File 2:
Twonky: "Video File" type shown on tv, plays
Windows Media Server - Plays
File 3:
Twonky: No type shown on tv, "File not supported"
Windows Media Server - Doesn't show the file

Deinstalled Mezzmo
Reinstalled Mexxmo
Repeated test, no change

Any other info?

Steve

Paul
02-01-2012, 09:54 AM
Sounds like Twonky is transcoding those files then (since they don't appear as AVI/DivX).

Can you please change to the "Panasonic Viera (No DivX)" again, then enable logging (see this thread: http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) and try playing one of the AVIs using Mezzmo? Once it fails, stop the server and send in the logs to support.

Also, please try the "Panasonic Viera (2011 models, NTSC)" device profile and see if that works better.

Roofus
02-01-2012, 10:42 AM
Hi

Have done as asked and zipped log folder (4 logs).

Not sure if Twonky has a transcode option with just the free version of "Twonky MediaServer v5.0.68", no options, mention etc.

Tried NTSC, no file types, file type not supported on all 3 test files.

Tried "Generic Device PAL" and all 3 transcoded, quality very low and slow though but at least it played, transcoded etc. Not watchable though.

Steve

Paul
02-01-2012, 10:57 AM
Hi Steve,

Please try the "Panasonic BDP" device profile and see if that works better for your TV.

Roofus
02-01-2012, 06:37 PM
Hi

Thats about the sames as the Generic, all 3 transcode but quality is poor and slow, although slightly faster. Type shows as MPEG2.

Windows media server is still faster and higher quality for files 1&2, twonky if far the best quality for file 2 which it seems to be playing as is.

Steve

Paul
02-02-2012, 09:51 AM
According to the DLNA certificate, your TV only supports MPEG2, thus we may need to transcode everything to that. I suspect Twonky is transcoding the AVI file as well, since it shows up as a generic "Video file" and not "AVI" or "DivX" on the TV.

Generic PAL should produce quality similat to the input file - can you please delete your transcoded files, then make sure logging is enabled and select the "Generic PAL" device profile. After that try pre-transcoding one movie for it. Once that's done, send the logs to support and we'll invstigate why quality is being reduced.

Roofus
02-03-2012, 01:01 AM
Hi

Have done as requested.

I cant understand why it does support DivX as it clearly states in the manual DLNA supports DivX. From the online manual:

DLNA®
This TV is a DLNA Certified™ product.
DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance) is a standard that makes DLNA Certified digital electronics easier
and more convenient to use on a home network. To learn more, visit www.dlna.org.
It allows you to share photos and movies stored in the DLNA Certified media server (for example, PC,
etc.) connected to your home network, and enjoy watching them on the TV screen.
■Applicable data format
Photo : JPEG (Sub-sampling 4:4:4, 4:2:2 or 4:2:0)
Extension - “.jpg” or “.jpeg”
Image resolution - 8 × 8 to 30,719 × 17,279 pixels
●MOTION JPEG and Progressive JPEG are not supported.
Movie : MPEG-2 (PS format) / DivX
Extension - “.mpg”, “.mpeg”, “.divx” or “.avi”
●Some MPEG-2 format may not be supported.
●For details of DivX p. 78

P78 Shows ...

ABOUT DIVX VIDEO: DivX® is a digital video format created by DivX, Inc.
This is an official DivX Certified device that plays DivX video.
■DivX video file
Extension - “.divx” or “.avi”
Image resolution - Up to 720 × 576 pixels
●Plays versions of DivX 3, 4, 5 and 6 video with standard playback of DivX media files.
●Certified to the DivX Home Theater Profile.
Video
• Number of stream: Up to 1
• Codec: DivX3, DivX4, DivX5, DivX6
• FPS (Frame Per Second): Up to 30 fps
Audio
• Number of stream: Up to 8
• Format: MP3, MPEG, AC3
• Multi channel: AC3 is possible. MPEG multi is 2 ch conversion.
●Subtitles
• Number of stream: Up to 8
●GMC (Global Motion Compensation) is not supported.

Steve

Roofus
02-03-2012, 02:57 AM
Hi

Did a further test, as i can't be 100% sure of the quality of the test files I created my own Divx file using test file 2, a working file in twonky but shows as "Video File" and the extention is avi.

I used DivX Plus® Converter from DivX (downloaded trial version) on the basis that if there is going to be a standard file format, this is the app to make it. Used the settings for DivX HD Home Theater (AVI,DivX,MP3/AC3) 720x576 which is the max size the tv in theory can play. Details are below.

This file shows on the TV through Twonky as a DivX file, and plays perfectly. This suggests the TV can play a DivX 5 file.

Mezzmo on Generic, transcodes and is lower quality but transcodes very fast +130fps. Switched to "Panasonic Viera" and no file type, Cannot Read File.

Details of the file using "MediaInfo"

Complete name : D:\Users\Steve\Documents\My Videos\1 Test\File 4-1.divx
Format : AVI
Format/Info : Audio Video Interleave
File size : 325 MiB
Duration : 43mn 24s
Overall bit rate : 1 048 Kbps

Video
ID : 0
Format : MPEG-4 Visual
Format settings, BVOP : 1
Format settings, QPel : No
Format settings, GMC : No warppoints
Format settings, Matrix : Default (H.263)
Muxing mode : Packed bitstream
Codec ID : DX50
Codec ID/Hint : DivX 5
Duration : 43mn 24s
Bit rate : 654 Kbps
Width : 720 pixels
Height : 396 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate : 23.976 fps
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Compression mode : Lossy
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.096
Stream size : 203 MiB (62%)
Title : Video
Writing library : DivX 3330

Paul
02-03-2012, 10:11 AM
Ok, that changes things a bit (I couldn't actually find an online manual for your TV - can you please send a link to that?) - please try, as a test, the "LG TV" device profile and see if the DivX file plays using that. Please let me know.

Roofus
02-03-2012, 06:07 PM
Hi

The link is http://dlc.panasonic-europe-service.com/EUDocs/GetDoc.aspx?did=172465&fmt=PDF&lang=en&src=3&uilang=en-GB&model=TXP42V10B from the panasonic support pages

My new 4th test file plays file, although shows as "Video File" not divX. No transcodeing though.

Other files :

File 1 - Video File - File not supported
File 2 - Video File - Plays - No transcodeing

Also, appologies but my 4th test file, the new DivX file was created from test 1, not test 2. Not that it makes a lot of difference.

Cheers

Steve

Roofus
02-04-2012, 03:11 AM
Ok, more test done.

Set tv up as Sony Home Theatre (PAL) just a complete guess, and results are...

Test 1 File shows as divx but "file is not supported"
Test 2 File shows as divx and plays, shows as streaming not transcoding
Test 3 File shows as mpeg2-ps, transcodes. Very good quality
Test 4 File shows as divx and plays, again as streaming

I thought the problem may be the audio being ATSC but i just checked test 4 and thats the same, 6 channels. Also when played my optically linked b/ray home theatre shows as SRD and all 6 channels working correctly, true surround so streaming and decoding the audio isnt the problem.

The only other diff is the resoultion, will re-encode at a large res. beyond the tv's ability which is as per test 1 (although i cant set the res. exactly the same)

Steve

Roofus
02-05-2012, 12:34 AM
Hi

Ok, next test confirms the theory. When re-encoded at a res beyond 720 × 576 i get "File Not Supported", shows as DivX etc but does not play though Mezzmo, Twonky or WMP

Success! Altered Transcode settings so that i set the max resolution into the settings, sure enough it transcodes, very quick as well, 235fps so still smooth. Shows as MPEG2, audio still 6 channels and very good, picture quality "ok" but noticeably lower res that the DivX converted file. I guess the transcoder cannot/does not transcode to DivX at the 720 resolution with this media device setting?

This is still using the Sony setting, is there a way there could be a "Panasonic Viera 2009" type profile, based on the Sony one but with a built in max resolution and a higher transcode setting?

I'm clearly guessing here, you will have a far better idea of your product, all your help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Steve

Paul
02-06-2012, 10:54 AM
Hi Steve,

Thank you for the tests and the results. Can you please open a support ticket and I'll send you an updated device profile to try.

Roofus
02-07-2012, 03:24 AM
Hi

Ticket raised: ID: 23149, Mezzmo, Other, Panasonic TX-P42V10B

Cheers

Steve

richi207
03-11-2012, 09:27 PM
I'm also interrested for this "Panasonic Viera 2009" type profile. For my TX-P46G15E. Pleas send me this file. THX

Paul
03-13-2012, 10:27 AM
I'm also interrested for this "Panasonic Viera 2009" type profile. For my TX-P46G15E. Pleas send me this file. THX
Please contact support mentioning this thread and we'll send you a profile to try.

richi207
04-22-2012, 05:51 PM
I try to contact the support by mail, but i didn't receive an answer till now!

Paul
04-23-2012, 10:54 AM
I try to contact the support by mail, but i didn't receive an answer till now!

That's strange. We typically answer all support inquiries within 24-48 hours. Please submit another support ticket at http://www.conceiva.com/support and also PM me your email address. I'll check that we received it.

Also, check your email client's spam folder and spam settings to make sure that our conceiva [dot] com domain & emails are not being blocked.