PDA

View Full Version : Samsung UN46D7000 Playlists

bohicaIL
01-31-2012, 09:46 AM
I was trying my registered version of Mezzmo on my laptop with my neighbor's new Samsung UN46D7000, and while I can get it to link, show photos, play videos, and play music, I can't see any of my iTunes imported information- most importantly the playlists. Are playlists supported on this device? It showed up as Samsung D in the media devices selection window. (I have not created any playlist within Mezzmo- just imported them from iTunes.)

Paul
01-31-2012, 09:52 AM
Mezzmo only imports normal playlists from iTunes, not the smart ones, so if most of your playlists in iTunes are smart, then you won't see them.

bohicaIL
02-01-2012, 02:31 AM
I was trying my registered version of Mezzmo on my laptop with my neighbor's new Samsung UN46D7000, and while I can get it to link, show photos, play videos, and play music, I can't see any of my iTunes imported information- most importantly the playlists. Are playlists supported on this device? It showed up as Samsung D in the media devices selection window. (I have not created any playlist within Mezzmo- just imported them from iTunes.)

Dennis- thanks for responding. The playlists are normal. I could not find them anywhere in the Samsung TV menus (but they work fine on my Sony Bluray player).

Paul
02-01-2012, 10:10 AM
On the Samsung TV you do not get to see the root of the Library (unless you turn off a special flag in the device profile). Try moving the iTunes playlist in Mezzmo to the Music folder to make it a child of that. After this, it should appear on the TV when you go to Music.

bohicaIL
02-02-2012, 02:58 AM
On the Samsung TV you do not get to see the root of the Library (unless you turn off a special flag in the device profile). Try moving the iTunes playlist in Mezzmo to the Music folder to make it a child of that. After this, it should appear on the TV when you go to Music.

Thanks, Dennis. I'll try that. And if I wanted to turn off the special flag in the device profile, how would I do that?

Paul
02-02-2012, 09:57 AM
You'd need to edit the device profile (it's just a text file) and change respectfeaturetyperequest to be "0". Let me know if you need instructions on how to do this.

bohicaIL
02-03-2012, 02:16 AM
You'd need to edit the device profile (it's just a text file) and change respectfeaturetyperequest to be "0". Let me know if you need instructions on how to do this.

Got it, Dennis. Thanks. Will try this too.