PDA

View Full Version : MKV & MP3 files not playing

cwillcocks
02-02-2012, 05:41 AM
Hi

I have recently purchased Mezzmo and am getting to know the tool. I am steaming from a Medion with dual core CPU 2.20GHz 4GB RAM 32 bit OS via wireless to a Panasonic DMRPWT500EB and then onto a Panasonic TH-37PX70B via HDMI. I have found that some of the films I try to watch either do not start (although I can select them from my DMRPWT500EB) or start then freeze after the first couple of frames. These are MKV films. I have converted one film which would not play at all to MPEG-2 using Freemake Video Convertor and trans coded it. It now starts but freezes. I can fast forward but it freezes on the frame it has forwarded to.

Also I am getting intermittent results on MP3 files. I rip all my music to MP3 but some plays and some do not. I use Windows Media Player to RIP the CD's.

Is there any settings I should be looking at or is there any information I can provide to assist in diagnosing?

Thanks Craig

Paul
02-02-2012, 10:05 AM
Hi Craig,

Can you please tell me which device profile you are using for the DMR?

Try pre-transcoding one of those MKVs in Mezzmo and see whether that gets the file going. I wouldn't recommend converting videos outside of Mezzmo, since they may still end up in a format that's incompatible with your device and Mezzmo will still need to re-transcode them, thus it's a double job. Just use the pre-transcoding feature to prepare your videos.

Can you please send one of the non-playing MP3 files to support (at) conceiva (dot) com and we'll check if there are any obvious cluse as to why it doesn't play. Does it fail to play straight away or do such files play a little bit and then stop?

cwillcocks
02-03-2012, 08:22 PM
Hi

I am using the 'Generic Device (NTSC)' profile as presented by default. Will attempt the pre transcode to the file as is. By the way does Mezzmo support transcoding of Windows TV files as I am having issues with these as well. I have sent 2 MP3 files to the email address above. It shows the file details but does not play the file?
Thanks

cwillcocks
02-04-2012, 11:35 PM
Hi Dennis

I have changed a couple of settings and can now play the MKV files and the MP3. I have changed the device profile from 'Generic Device (NTSC)' to 'Panasonic BDP' and connection form 'Gigabit Ethernet cable' to 'wireless A/G/Y (54 mbps)'. Is the device profile the best one for my DMR?. Also still cannot get WTV files to run?

Paul
02-06-2012, 10:11 AM
Hi,

Yes, using a correct device profile will yield the best results.

Regarding WTV files - perhaps they're failing to transcode. Please try pre-transcoding one of those files in Mezzmo (using the "Panasonic BDP" device profile) and see if that succeeds or fails. If it fails, please post the error log here (or send to support) and we'll check it out.

cwillcocks
03-31-2012, 12:28 AM
Hi can you please advise what the best Device Profile is for a Panasonic DMRPWT500EB as I still get intermittent issues

Paul
04-02-2012, 10:27 AM
The 'Panasonic BDP' device profile is probably the best device profile. You mention intermittent issues. What are they? Maybe we can help. If you can reproduce the issue, then that will help us understand better. Its best to turn logging on and send us a set of logs. That will help show us what is the problem. Please turn on logging (http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging). Re-start your Mezzmo server and connect to Mezzmo from your Panasonic device as you normally do. When the issue starts to happen, stop your Mezzmo media server and exit Mezzmo. Zip up all the log files and send them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com