PDA

View Full Version : how to change soundtrack - MKV, AVI etc. playback on BRAVIA TV

f77
02-03-2012, 09:58 AM
Hi Dennis,

some of my MKV,AVI files has two soundtracks. How can i change the soundtrack? (ENG <-> DE language)
Audio button on RC of TV which is used for changing soundtrack for Tuner or BDP source (HDMI) does not work.

Cannot find either special setting in mezzmo to change the default soundtrack.

Idea?

BR
f77

Paul
02-03-2012, 10:14 AM
Hi,

If the TV does not support multi-channel audio (or the file is transcoded), then at the moment Mezzmo does not have this functionality. It's coming in the next major update though. Once that's released, you'll be able to choose an audio track on your TV to play.

For the time being, you'll have to drop the extra tracks from the file using a tool like MKVtoolnix.

f77
02-03-2012, 10:36 AM
The MKV Files are transcoded, so this mezzmo feature is really blessed :-)

BR
f77

Paul
02-03-2012, 10:37 AM
Yes, for MKVs you'd want to drop the audio before adding them to Mezzmo.

f77
02-03-2012, 10:52 AM
Yes, like to save the option to choose between original soundtrack and synchronized soundtr.

Paul
02-03-2012, 10:55 AM
Yes, like to save the option to choose between original soundtrack and synchronized soundtr.

Sorry, not sure what you mean :)

f77
02-03-2012, 11:11 AM
i mean, i don't like to drop the extra soundtrack cause i like to have both soundtracks available (original and synchronized).
For affected MKV files i will playback them on my BDP by USB, but Mezzmo is more elegant!
Hope you keep this function on screen for next major update.

f77

Paul
02-03-2012, 11:15 AM
Ah, ok, yes I understand that. If you need to listen to more than one audio track, then you could also re-arrange them, so one file would have one sound track as its first one and another file would have another sound track as its first one, thus Mezzmo will deliver the proper track based on the file.