PDA

View Full Version : Listing TV episodes in Broadcast/non-title order

Bodders-11
02-05-2012, 08:13 PM
Hi,
Is it possible to get TV Series episodes listed in their broadcast order - it seems that Mezzmo defaults to listing by Episode Title order.
I have a number of TV Series ripped to "D:\TV\<tv series>\Season <n>\<episode>.mkv". In turn each <episode> is of the form:-

"<tv Series> - S<n>E<xx> - <episode title>

To 'force' into the correct order, I've had to manually edit the Title to prefix it with '<xx>. '. This is time consuming and prone to being over-written if I do a full library re-scan.

Any advice/fix/workround/suggestion would be grealy appreciated :)

Cheers
Bodders

Paul
02-06-2012, 10:19 AM
Hi,

If the episode's title is "series - s1e01 - title1", "series - s1e02 - title2", then I would actually expect them to be sorted correctly, as "s1e02" should come after "s1e01". Can you please post (or send to support) a screenshot of a folder with those episodes, so that I could check what's going on?

Bodders-11
02-13-2012, 05:09 AM
Dennis,
as requested. 231232233.

I think the problem is, even through the files are named "<tv Series> - S<n>E<xx> - <episode title>", Mezzmo is reading the Episode XML file in the metadata sub-folder. For now, I've manually prefixed the title with '1. ', '2. ' etc to force to the correct order. Main downside is that a) this is time consuming and b) Upsets the display in Windows Media Centre where I have mediabrowser installed

Cheers

Paul
02-13-2012, 10:59 AM
Yes, if the episode's title doesn't match the filename (and is not in that format), then it'll be sorted by that (the title) instead of the original filename. I thought the titles were in the format you've described, sorry for the confusion. Since the title is being overwritten from the metadata .xml file, then it's the expected behavior, albeit not the desired one :) We'll look into what can be done to solve this.

Bodders-11
02-14-2012, 02:36 AM
Dennis,
thanks for that. For now I'll manually pre-pend the EpisodeNumber to the Title where series are likely to benefit from being watched in a specific order.

Cheers
Bodders

aspar74
11-29-2012, 09:58 PM
Hi all.
I've the same problem with the last mezzmo version. Do you have any solution? If I see the metadata in the folder there are some info missed than displayed into the properties session window (between the various missing information, there is just EpisodeNumber).

Best regards
Alfonso

Paul
11-30-2012, 09:43 AM
Hi Alfonso,

In the current version of Mezzmo (v2.7.1.0), all I can suggest it to pre-pend '01', '02', etc. to your titles and that will sort them for you in episode order. We will have much better TV series importing and metadata retrieval features shortly (we are releasing Mezzmo v3.0 next month and then we will work on the TV series features I mentioned).