PDA

View Full Version : Mezzmo & NAS

PJRogers
02-08-2012, 02:40 AM
Hello all,
I'm having difficulty getting Mezzmo to use media files on my D-Link DNS320 NAS. I can add folders from the NAS, but the files are not appearing. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Phil

Paul
02-08-2012, 09:49 AM
Hello Phil,

Please check permissions on the NAS. You may need to enable "guest" accounts if you have them and also allow "everyone" to access those files. It also sometimes helps to create a user on the NAS with the same credentials as the Windows login you used to register Mezzmo server.

PJRogers
02-09-2012, 02:01 AM
Thanks for the help. I fiddled with the NAS account settings, set up a new share folder for the movie files I want to access with Mezzmo. After Adding that folder, the files appear in Mezzmo (on the pc) and the folder with the files is visible on my Bravia, but when I select it, I am told there is no playable media. The folder has an .mkv and an .avi file. These file types play fine from regular drives.
Any ideas?

Paul
02-09-2012, 10:41 AM
It could still be a permissions issue (the GUI has different access levels, so can see your files) or something else. Please enable logging (see this thread: http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) then try playing one of the failing files again and once it fails, stop the server and send the logs to support and we'll work it out.

PJRogers
02-09-2012, 11:04 AM
Dennis,
I went through the permissions settings again and tried something new. There is a setting for 'Oplocks', that isn't really explained very well in the user guide. Anyway, I unchecked that option and lo and behold, all the files are visible and play out perfectly!
Thanks for all of your help.
Phil

Paul
02-09-2012, 11:06 AM
I'm glad you sorted it out and thank you for sharing that - perhaps it'll help someone in the same situation.