PDA

View Full Version : Mezzmo with Toshiba BDX2150 Blu-ray Player

MrGrim
02-11-2012, 05:57 AM
Hello I'm having some trouble picking the right device profile for my Toshiba BDX2150 Blu-ray Player. I have tried both Toshiba's and the generic (ntfs). Nether work right with the file structure or file types it will play. I have put a AVI ,MKV and MP4 files on a flash drive and can play them all when plugged in the back of the BDX2150 via USB. When set to generic (ntfs) AVI's & MKV's will play fine but not MP4's also the file structure shows up as I have it set on Mezzmo but when I have a folder/play list set that has alot of files (more then 20 or all files) it will only show 6 or 8 files. At the same time with the same setup I can make a file rolodex for movies and they all show up a-z in there own category, but not all at the same time where I set them all to show up. I have even tried the windows media player device profile it shows even less of the file structure but the same files show up in each category.

I'm using Version: 2.5.0.0 of Mezzmo and have UPnP turned off in my router, transcoding turned off.

Any help at all would be great.
Thanks in advance

Paul
02-13-2012, 09:04 AM
Hello,

I browsed through the online manual and I don't see support for MP4 files mentioned, so I assume it doesn't support playing MP4 files. You'll need to have transcoding turned on in order for them to come up and play then. The "Toshiba TV" looks like a close candidate, as the formats supported match what the manual for your BDP says. Please try that with transcoding enabled and see if that works.

MrGrim
02-14-2012, 06:54 AM
Yes the online Manual didn't have much in the way of info, that I could find any way. Playing mp4's is not a problem Windows Home Server, TVersity or USB play them just fine. I can work with mezzmo not playing mp4 by remux to mkv thats an easy fix. The big problem I have is the files not showing up or the file structure itself not showing up as set in mezzmo.

Here are some photo's to show what I'm talking about
1st photo - The file structured as a rolodex
2nt photo - Properties of All Movies in Mezzmo
3rd photo - The TV/Blu ray you will see no ---all Movies--- folder/playlist it just don't show up
4th photo - Properties of a letter (A) there all the same. They all work fine every letter 30 files hosted.
5th photo - The TV/Blu ray you will see 30 files all id well in each letter

Look at next post for more photo's

MrGrim
02-14-2012, 07:09 AM
The rest of the last post only 5 photos per post sorry it took 2 post's.

1st photo - Properties of ---New Movies--- you can see in properties 224 files.
2nt photo - The TV/Blu Ray you will see ---New Movies--- playlist but only shows 50 items with mezzmo
3rd photo - The TV/Blu Ray you will see Mezzmo and TVersity both showing up
4th Photo - The TV/Blu Ray you will see TVersity displaying the same ---New Movies--- Folder/Playlist but theres 224 items hosted just to show the play does not have a limit on the files hosted per folder or if there is I have not reached it with what I am trying to do. It shows the same 224 with Window Home Server media server. I'm only have this problem with mezzmo.

I like the way mezzmo works over all the media servers I have tried and only have 15 days left in the extend trial to see if I can get it to work.

Paul
02-14-2012, 10:02 AM
Thank you for the screenshots/photos.

To understand what the problem is, I'll need to see logs. So, please enable logging (see this thread: http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) then browse to the New Movies folder. Once the 50 files come up, stop the server and send in the logs to support.