erimads
02-13-2012, 12:22 AM
Why are lots of videos showed 2 times when I select
'all video files' ?
The file is only 1 time on the HD.

/Erik

Paul
02-13-2012, 10:49 AM
Do they appear duplicated if you look at the same folder in Mezzmo's GUI?

Are they located on a network share or a local drive?

Try running maintenance and select the "Remove" option and see if that cleans them up.

erimads
02-13-2012, 07:16 PM
Do they appear duplicated if you look at the same folder in Mezzmo's GUI?

Are they located on a network share or a local drive?

Try running maintenance and select the "Remove" option and see if that cleans them up.

Done dont change anything.

They are also duplicated at the same folder in Mezzmo's GUI.

They are located on a lokal USB drive.

Paul
02-14-2012, 10:04 AM
Ok, can you please click on one of those files, then look in the properties pane and see what the path is. Then click on the duplicate and check the path and see what the difference is? Or copy-and-paste both paths here and I'll check them out.

erimads
02-14-2012, 07:08 PM
Ok, can you please click on one of those files, then look in the properties pane and see what the path is. Then click on the duplicate and check the path and see what the difference is? Or copy-and-paste both paths here and I'll check them out.

H:\Diverse\ABBA_Gold.mpg
H:\\Diverse\ABBA_Gold.mpg

Paul
02-15-2012, 09:56 AM
Ok, thanks. Can you please tell me if you added some files using linked playlists (or from iTunes) or did you add them through the "Add Folder" command?

erimads
02-15-2012, 06:29 PM
Ok, thanks. Can you please tell me if you added some files using linked playlists (or from iTunes) or did you add them through the "Add Folder" command?

It is all added via "Add Folder"

My library looks as follows.

"H:\" added with 'Video files' and a number of subfolders
"H:\MP3_Musik" added with 'Music files' and a number of subfolders
"I:\" added with 'Video files' and a number of subfolders
"I:\Billeder" added with 'photos'
There is no dublicates on "I:\"

Paul
02-16-2012, 09:49 AM
Ok, we'll try to replicate it here. Looks like one of the adding methods has appended an extra '\' to the path name and this makes Mezzmo think the file is unique, thus it's added to the database. I'm just trying to figure out how that could've happened.

I would suggest that you create a smart playlist and set the criteria to be path starting with "H:\\" (double slash) - this should list all those files and you can remove them from the database, leaving you with proper "H:\" files only.

erimads
02-17-2012, 12:28 AM
I have tryed this but I couldn't get this to work.
Then I tryed to delete all from the library, but I then get deleted to much.
How is the correct way to edit or delete already added folders ?

Then I do a total uninstall and a new install.
Added my folders again, after the update of the database 'all video files' looks correct.
When I after that go to folders and select one of those, then it starts a system job 'update thumbnail' for that folder.
Then after that the dublication in 'all video files' went back.

Paul
02-17-2012, 09:51 AM
After you added the folders back into your Library, did all tasks finish or were there tasks running when you tried to access one of those folders? The "update thumbnails" task shouldn't start on its own, unless new files/folders are found (or maintenance is run), so it's a bit strange why it does that. Are there any other tasks that happen when you go into that new folder?

Do you have scheduled maintenance enabled by any chance?

erimads
02-17-2012, 06:35 PM
All tasks were finished after I have added my folders again.
There was no other tasks running when I access one of the folders.
And I have not scheduled maintenance.

When I select a videofile in one of the subfolders. The placement of the file is showed with 2 backslashes as 'H:\\xxxx\xxx.mpg'

Paul
02-20-2012, 10:07 AM
Yes, I saw the two backslashes, I'm just trying to figure out how to replicate that, as we can't reproduce it here by adding/maintaining files.

We'll keep trying various options and once we reproduce this problem we'll be able to fix it (hopefully before the next Mezzmo update comes out).

Blackfox
04-25-2015, 05:47 PM
I know this is an ancient post but i've got the same problem.

For some reason my Movies (Unwatched) playlist contains duplicates in the form:
D:\Media\Movies\...
D:\Media\Movies\\...

As far as I can tell, the only way I can see these duplicates is inside the smart playlist - I can't find them in my library.
I have setup a smart playlist to include all files with a path containing "\\", which shows all the files, but i'm hesitant to delete them without understanding how they got into my library.

I picked one random file and compared the date added between the normal and double slash path:
Normal: 2014-12-11 22:47:27
Double Slash: 2014-10-26 21:25:41

Somehow to double slash appears to have been added first?

Paul
04-27-2015, 09:47 AM
Thanks for reporting this. We'll check our code for possible ways double-slash file paths may appear in your Mezzmo database.

It should be safe to delete these double-slash files from your Mezzmo library. Go to the double-slash smart playlist and select all the files and press the DEL key.