PDA

View Full Version : Maximum number of connections limited to just 50?

iNfRaSoNIC
02-13-2012, 03:23 AM
Hello, I wanna buy this soft, because I like everything about it. But there is very big problem for me! The maximum number of connections is limited just to 50?
Is there a way to increase it as much as I like? Please help! Thanks!

Peter
02-13-2012, 08:23 AM
It is not possible to change the connection limitation of 50 at the current time, we may increase this in a future version. We could provide you with a special version that has a higher connection limit, could you tell us more about how the limit of 50 connections is creating a problem?

iNfRaSoNIC
02-13-2012, 04:44 PM
It is not possible to change the connection limitation of 50 at the current time, we may increase this in a future version. We could provide you with a special version that has a higher connection limit, could you tell us more about how the limit of 50 connections is creating a problem?

Yes, thanks for the response. I am downloading ( for example ) 14 .RAR files from a single website with 15+ splits per file and I am unable to download them at one time, only with 50 connections I have all the time queued connections. I need to download them all without any limit. I have 1GBPS connection and very strong system, so I will not have any problems to handle this. Thanks again.

Peter
02-14-2012, 08:43 AM
We have built a DownloadStudio.exe that removes the limit of 50 connections, you can download it from http://www.conceiva.com/temp/DownloadStudio/DSMaxConnections.zip.
1. Go to the folder where you installed DownloadStudio
2. Rename your existing DownloadStudio.exe to _DownloadStudio.exe
3. Extract the contents of the zip file to this folder

When you run DownloadStudio you can set the connection limit to any value up to 999999. Please let us know if you have any problems.

iNfRaSoNIC
02-15-2012, 08:59 PM
We have built a DownloadStudio.exe that removes the limit of 50 connections, you can download it from http://www.conceiva.com/temp/DownloadStudio/DSMaxConnections.zip.
1. Go to the folder where you installed DownloadStudio
2. Rename your existing DownloadStudio.exe to _DownloadStudio.exe
3. Extract the contents of the zip file to this folder

When you run DownloadStudio you can set the connection limit to any value up to 999999. Please let us know if you have any problems.

Thanks, that works better. But there is something strange, when i download a lots of files and somewhere in the middle ( 50-60%) not every time, but the splits per file changes from 15 to 1 automatically 0.o
Did you know what can cost that?

EDIT: All the tasks start with 20 split per file, but when they reach 10% or so and the splits are less then at the beginning, which means slow speed. Is it possible to change this in the options.

Peter
02-16-2012, 10:03 AM
It is likely that the server is detecting too many connections from your IP address and is closing some existing connections as you make new ones, if you try making fewer connections to this server it may prevent this from happening. It happens at 50-60% of the download because it is usually at this point that some splits are finishing and are trying to make new connections to help out other splits, when this new connection fails the split does not retry the connection and it will eventually end up as a 1 split download.