PDA

View Full Version : Slow transcoding speed and High CPU usuage!

Bizzy211
02-18-2012, 04:37 PM
When I try to play my mkv 1080p movies, I recieve high cpu usage and choppy playback. transcoding is also very slow. If there is no solution, i would like a refund! I appreciate the hard word, but this software is not working for me.

FunkyBoss
02-19-2012, 01:40 AM
Why are you trying to transcode 1080p movies? Those are most likely huge and would require a ton of CPU power to transcode! If the device you are streaming to doesn't support 1080p mkv, why rip to that format?

Bizzy211
02-19-2012, 02:59 PM
Isn't that what Mezzmo is for? Part of it's functionality? To play files that aren't natively supported by your device? I mean, that's why I spent money on the program.

Paul
02-20-2012, 10:25 AM
Can you please tell me what type of CPU you have? To transcode those files, a quad-core is the minimum and most likely it won't be able to handle real-time transcoding, so ideally you'd need an i7 or higher.

Also, which device are you streaming to (transcoding for) and which device profile are you using? Perhaps there's a better match and you don't need to transcode as much.

If you have a slower CPU and the files do need to be transcoded, then a solution would be to pre-transcode them in advance. Just right-click on the file or playlist and use the "Pre-transcode" option.