PDA

View Full Version : Deleting transcoded automaticaly files after viewing it?

kutjub
02-24-2012, 11:23 PM
Hello,

at the moment I am testing Mezzmo. I am impressed and I want to by it.
My question is: How can I manage it that every transcoded data will be deleted automaticaly?

I have not much space on my Server. So I want to reduce wasting diskspace.

So what can Mezzmo do for me?!

Mezzmmo shall transcode some data (ts files) for my denon 2012 on the fly.
After viewing theses files (films or fotos) the transcoded files shall deleted by mezzmo.

Is this possible?

Best regards

Kutjub

JohnM
02-26-2012, 12:08 PM
I think the best thing it can do is set by limiting the size of the transcoding directory. If you set it to a size that would be just above your normal file size it should erase it when a new file is started.

Pootle
02-27-2012, 10:53 PM
I set up a batch file that deletes the files from the transcoded files folder, then set it to run daily/weekly etc using Task Scheduler on my server....

cd [path to TranscodingFiles folder]
erase *.* /s /q

Obviously you wouldn't want to do this if you like to keep certain files pre-transcoded, but I'm happy for the lot to be deleted and re-transcode as necessary as the amount of space used does tend to mount up quite quickly

Paul
02-28-2012, 10:10 AM
Can I ask you why you don't want to just limit the folder size using the Transcoding Settings dialog and let Mezzmo take care of that automatically for you? Or you want to completely empty out the transcoded folder when not watching anything?

Pootle
02-28-2012, 10:48 AM
I don't know really - I suppose that I wasn't sure whether limiting the folder size meant that existing files would be overwritten, or transcoding would just stop (pretty stupid now I come to think of it)

I don't really like old content hanging around on my drive. If you consider that I generally watch full 1080p rips, then it only takes 3-4 films before I've got 100GB+ of data I don't need anymore, and that's a sizeable % of one of my drives. I et that it's probably overkill though.

Paul
02-28-2012, 10:51 AM
Well, if you limit your folder size to let's say, 25-3 GBs, then that'll be around one high-def BluRay rip, so when you start watching the second one, the first one should be deleted. If you exceed the size, the current file will still be transcoded and delivered, so in theory you could even set the limit to 1 GB and it should still work. Of course you'll always have some data hanging around with this approach, while your approach cleans it all out.

Pootle
02-28-2012, 10:58 AM
Ah, I see how it would work now. At the time, I had just started dabbling with batch files so it was a bit of fun to play around and write (a very simple) one

kutjub
02-28-2012, 08:53 PM
Yes you can ;-)

after watching a movie or something else I dont want to have the transcoded files on my disk.
Because I have TB of data and I dont want to dublicate it.

Other software allow to delete the transcoded files after watching it.

May be you can put it on your wish list.

Regards

Kutjub

kutjub
02-28-2012, 08:53 PM
i don't know really - i suppose that i wasn't sure whether limiting the folder size meant that existing files would be overwritten, or transcoding would just stop (pretty stupid now i come to think of it)

i don't really like old content hanging around on my drive. If you consider that i generally watch full 1080p rips, then it only takes 3-4 films before i've got 100gb+ of data i don't need anymore, and that's a sizeable % of one of my drives. I et that it's probably overkill though.

100 % ack :-)

Paul
03-01-2012, 10:06 AM
Other software allow to delete the transcoded files after watching it.

May be you can put it on your wish list.

Ok, noted :)

kutjub
03-08-2012, 05:39 AM
Ok, noted :)

Thatīs good. :-) Thank you fo support