PDA

View Full Version : External Hard Drive Problem

cpacheco
02-28-2012, 02:06 PM
Before I purchased Mezzmo I used to have a USB HDD where I had all my media and connected it to my Samsung 55C9000. Since I have no other use for it, I thought I could just plug it to my PC and have it be part of my Mezzmo Library, but when I try to play movies from the USB drive, it stalls and plays the next movie. I'm using a USB 3.0 seagate HDD over a Buffalo AirStation 802.11n router, I'm pretty sure it's not a network problems, because the movies from my eSata drive play ok, I'm pretty sure it's not a usb problem, because when I plug the HDD to my tv it plays ok. Is it maybe a transcoding problem? Maybe it takes too long to transcode from an external HDD?

Paul
02-28-2012, 02:10 PM
Yes, it could be a transcoding issue or a network bandwidth issue (trying to play high-def videos over a wireless network can fail) or something else. To better understand the problem we'll need to see some logs, so please enable logging (see this thread: http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) then try playing one of the failing files and once it stalls, stop the server and send the logs to support.