PDA

View Full Version : Feature Requests

devilbrand
03-01-2012, 01:16 AM
I just purchased Mezzmo after comparing it with several other media servers and think you guys are doing a great job. There are a couple of feature requests that I think would make your product much more solid and an even greater step above the others. Here are my suggestions:

1. Ability to specify artwork by filename. (not always use folder.jpg - maybe use wd_tv.jpg etc)
2. Video metadata that can be assigned in the same way that audio tags create playlist structure with proper art displayed. It would be nice to browse playlists in the following ways (the field titles may not be exact as I am not in front of my server at the moment but this should give the idea):
- Movie Year
- Movie Title
- Synopsis (summary)

- TV Series
- Season
- Episode#
This data could be populated from Series.xml and MyMovies.xml

MyMovies:
<Actors></Actors>
<ContentRating></ContentRating>
<FirstAired></FirstAired>
<Genre></Genre>
<IMDB_ID></IMDB_ID>
<Network></Network>
<Overview></Overview>
<Rating></Rating>
<Runtime></Runtime>
<SeriesID></SeriesID>
<Status></Status>
<SeriesName></SeriesName>

Series:
<LocalTitle></LocalTitle>
<OriginalTitle></OriginalTitle>
<SortTitle></SortTitle>
<ForcedTitle></ForcedTitle>
<IMDBrating></IMDBrating>
<ProductionYear></ProductionYear>
<MPAARating></MPAARating>
<Revenue></Revenue>
<Budget></Budget>
<Added></Added>
<IMDbId></IMDbId>
<RunningTime></RunningTime>
<TMDbId></TMDbId>
<Studio></Studio>
<CDUniverseId></CDUniverseId>
<Persons> </Persons>
<Genres> </Genres>
<Description></Description>

3. A refresh of the library that works similar to TVersity where a playlist or folder can be quickly refreshed without running full maintenance of the library
4. The ability to map Series.xml and MyMovies.xml fields similar to the way mapping audio files works with mp3 tags. I am aware that this can currently be done using the drop down audio fields but not all video metadata is mappable this way. A separate drop list for video files would be preferrable.
5. For video files allow rating to be user generated OR auto generated based on IMDB metadata rating.
6. The ability to hide all media folders that are added and only stream the playlists.
7. Instead of a Videos tree make a Movie tree and TV Shows tree to recognize proper folder structure for movies vs tv series and display the playlists accordingly. Folders would look like:

Movies -> MovieName (YYYY) -> movie (YYYY).avi
TV Series -> SeriesName -> Episode# -> Series S##E##.avi

Thanks so much for continuing to build a great product.

Paul
03-01-2012, 09:28 AM
I just purchased Mezzmo after comparing it with several other media servers and think you guys are doing a great job. There are a couple of feature requests that I think would make your product much more solid and an even greater step above the others. Here are my suggestions:

I'm glad you like Mezzmo and thank you for the suggestions!

1. Ability to specify artwork by filename. (not always use folder.jpg - maybe use wd_tv.jpg etc)

Mezzmo supports a few more artwork filenames (see: http://www.conceiva.com/products/mezzmo/formatsupport.asp#MetadataRead), but having a list of possible ones is flexible, I agree.

2. Video metadata that can be assigned in the same way that audio tags create playlist structure with proper art displayed. It would be nice to browse playlists in the following ways (the field titles may not be exact as I am not in front of my server at the moment but this should give the idea):

- Movie Year
- Movie Title
- Synopsis (summary)

- TV Series
- Season
- Episode#
This data could be populated from Series.xml and MyMovies.xml

We already get data from series.xml and mymovies.xml - do you mean to add these keywords to smart/active playlists?

3. A refresh of the library that works similar to TVersity where a playlist or folder can be quickly refreshed without running full maintenance of the library

You don't need to refresh the whole library - just right-click on a playlist or folder and there's an option to maintain that folder in the popup menu.

4. The ability to map Series.xml and MyMovies.xml fields similar to the way mapping audio files works with mp3 tags. I am aware that this can currently be done using the drop down audio fields but not all video metadata is mappable this way. A separate drop list for video files would be preferrable.

Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean as there is no user-defined mapping in Mezzmo at the moment? Can you please send a screenshot of those lists?

5. For video files allow rating to be user generated OR auto generated based on IMDB metadata rating.

Files can be rated by opening up their properties dialog. We'll implement IMDB ratings in one of the future versions.

6. The ability to hide all media folders that are added and only stream the playlists.

This can be achieved by moving the media folders into the root of your library tree (for example), so that they are all gathered in one place (under one "normal" playlist, for example). Then you won't see them, unless you go into this folder specifically.

7. Instead of a Videos tree make a Movie tree and TV Shows tree to recognize proper folder structure for movies vs tv series and display the playlists accordingly. Folders would look like:

Movies -> MovieName (YYYY) -> movie (YYYY).avi
TV Series -> SeriesName -> Episode# -> Series S##E##.avi

Thank you for that suggestion - it's an interesting idea and we'll certainly consider adding it in.

devilbrand
03-01-2012, 03:35 PM
Thanks for your help. I have found workarounds for most of the problems encountered. Your suggestions were helpful. I am now wondering if it is possible to have an image (folder.jpg) display on the TV for playlists. I setup a regular playlist called "TV Series" and nested under that playlist I have many other smart playlists containing each TV series. I assigned an image to each smart playlist for the TV series. When I browse to the TV Series basic playlist on mezzmo I can see all of the TV Series as well as their folder art. When I browse to the same playlist on my TV I just see a folder icon with the name of the series. It would be nice to have the image displayed for each smart playlist on the TV the same way it does on my computer.

Paul
03-01-2012, 03:47 PM
Most devices do not support folder artwork for playlists, so most likely the answer is no, due to the firmware limitation of your TV. What's your TV make and model?

devilbrand
03-07-2012, 05:57 AM
This is primarily being served vix xbox 360 (5 in total) although I do have a samsung BD and a wii that have access as well as many PCs (about 10).

Paul
03-07-2012, 09:01 AM
I don't think any of those support folder artwork, sorry.