PDA

View Full Version : IMDB database

semmy
03-01-2012, 10:03 PM
Hi, I'm just thinking about buying Mezzmo.
In your last features I see: "New: Get Online Video Metadata dialog lets you search for movies and TV shows on IMDb and TheTVDB web sites and save the associated metadata into your Mezzmo library. Metadata includes movie title, TV series title, TV episode title, TV episode number, year, genre, actors and description. To access this dialog, right-click on a video file in Mezzmo and click Properties. Then click on the Get Online Video Metadata button in the Properties dialog."

It will be possible have a function that search online and fill video metadata about all my movies?
Because get it one by one will be very noise! I've a large collection of movies and tv series. Will be very powerful if a function fill metadata for all media!
And if will be more results for one movie Mezzmo can show be these at the end of process!

And more: I'm from Italy, will be possible access to imbd italian metadata?

thank you very much!

JohnM
03-02-2012, 07:34 AM
Semmy I know that they will quickly answer your questions. Things that you should be aware of when getting the data off of the on line data bases.

Unless the title exactly matches you will get numerous hits and will need to select the correct one yourself. For example the movie "2001: A Space Odyssey" if searched for with that exact info will get 1 match. If you search for 2001 well it will not be so perfect. Further, the information that the databases have will probably not be what you really want. Using 2001 for an example again the genre will return Mystery, Science Fiction, Thriller. For me it should only be Science Fiction, so the ability to change that before I save it was very helpful.

Paul
03-02-2012, 09:52 AM
We'll look into providing region-specific IMDB access, but as John mentioned, automating this task is nearly impossible, as it does require the movie title to be exactly as it is in the database to get a perfect match.

Britinva
03-07-2012, 05:37 AM
So if reading this right using the Metadata feature is a manual per file task. Not sure whay automating would be an issue providing you specify the naming format which for Movies is usually "title (year).ext" and TV Series "ShowName - sXXeYY.ext".

Other media servers are able to do this. Are they perfect - No but easier to fix anomilies as you come across them than
manual going thru every movie.

Also with many of us using RSS feeds to automatically get latest TV series episodes would save us some time.

Paul
03-07-2012, 10:00 AM
The problem that many movies (if not most) that are downloaded from the Internet are not in the "title (year)" format, but they also include dimensions, formats, release group, etc... Which causes misdetections. I agree that it may be easier to fix missing/wrong titles and I'll put it up for discussion here. I'd prefer it to be automatic as well.

Paul
07-06-2012, 07:20 PM
Just an update - Mezzmo v2.6.4 has been released and it lets you set your preferred language (e.g. it for Italian, de for German, fr for French, etc.) when getting online video metadata. Go to the Get Online Video Metadata dialog in Mezzmo to set the language when searching for movie and TV show information. If no information was found in your preferred language, then English will be retrieved.