PDA

View Full Version : Video file issues

jayheyl
03-04-2012, 02:41 PM
I'm having two different issues, both related to video files. The first is with .mov files. For some reason, DownloadStudio insists on changing the file extensions to .qt. Now that I know it's doing this is more an annoyance than a big issue, but I'm wondering if there's some way to get it to stop doing this. I've done a cursory check of settings and can't find anything that seems related to this.

The second issue is with .wmv files. DownloadStudio seems unable to download them. Every time I queue up a .wmv file it fails repeatedly until it eventually gives up. The job conversation window says simply, "Request failed." I've tried downloading from two different sources, one of which has no password protection or anything of the sort, and it still never gets the download started. Given the name change issue with .mov files, I have a suspicion there's something of the same sort going on here, only with the download request not with the downloaded file.

jayheyl
03-04-2012, 03:04 PM
At the risk of talking to myself, I've found the setting that was causing .mov files to be saved as .qt files. That's sorted.

Unfortunately, I'm still unable to get any .wmv files to download.

Peter
03-05-2012, 08:19 AM
Would you be able to provide us with the URL to the wmv file that you are trying to download so that we can test it? If you do not wish to post it on the forum you can send it to us at support@conceiva.com.

garymeyer
04-29-2012, 03:16 AM
.mov file when you save your file if your file convert in .qt file then you will convert your movie file from move convert convert your file .mkv or .avi any other file you should.... and save it...