PDA

View Full Version : samsung model LA32D550 problems

waleed_hanafy
03-04-2012, 08:17 PM
hi mezzmo team,

really thank you for your software that i loved it so much

i baught samsung tv model LA32D550 and it's clear it's Samsung D device

i installed your software and mezzmo identifies the tv as samsung D profile ok?
after that all the native formats worked well like avi,mkv,mp4 and the other format didn't worked at all that need to be transcoded like rmvb,3gp and others the tv displays error format not supported.

i began my tests and changed the profile to samsung BDP and restarted the server eveything works like a charm even the transcoded formats worked well but the problem is every transcoded movie works for about 1 or 2 minutes maximus after that it transfer to the next movie in the folder and if there isn't any other movie it exits to the main screen.

i beagn to comapre the two profiles samsung d and samsung bdp and found that bdp profile transcode to mkv while the other transcode to mpg that
i changed some things in the d profile to make it to transcode to mkv and then everything works but as preivous it cuts after 1 or 2 minutes
after that i made another changes to change other code like ac3 or mp3 or aac for audio and for video mp4 or h264 but this leads to the same result all formats worked but it stops playing after 1 or 2 minutes

please all i need now is:
1- solution for the problem of stopping movies after some time may be by changing to another profile.

2-while testing ff and rewending didn't work for all the transcoded movies but works for avi and mkv only so if it can be available how to transcode to avi i have tried really but nothing appear on the screen by changing in the profile making the avi container the default but it didn't work
iam sorry my message is very big but i know mezzmo people are very cooperative with others.

thanks in adavance.

Paul
03-05-2012, 10:26 AM
Hi,

Perhaps transcoding is not fast enough for real-time playback. What sort of CPU and how much RAM do you have?

We have an updated device profile for the D-series that I can send you to try - just open a support ticket mentioning this thread and I'll send it to you.

Skipping (FF/REW) may be disabled for transcoded files, but once the file is fully transcoded, it should be possible to skip through it (provided the firmware doesn't stop that).

waleed_hanafy
03-05-2012, 04:35 PM
thank you so much Dennis for quick response but there is 8 hours difference between us
regarding my issue my processor is core 2 quad and i have 2 gigabyte ram
i don't think my computer is the reason because samsung allshare program working fine and no shuttering except it can't play flv and some other formats
but it can play all native formats like avi,mkv,mp4 and also transcode rmvb and i can ff and rewind in rmvb this is bonus but no other formats
and how i open support ticket please?
thanks in advance

Paul
03-05-2012, 04:38 PM
To open a support ticket please see this page: http://www.conceiva.com/support/default.asp

If Samsung's software can play those files, it means they don't need transcoding. In that case we need to find a suitable device profile for you. Perhaps you can go back to using "Samsung D" and I'll send you a modification of that to enable transcoding to MKV.

waleed_hanafy
03-05-2012, 09:08 PM
thank you Dennis but there is something strange my tv can't play rmvb natively but samsung allshare play it very flawlessly and with ff/rewind
so the problem is not the samsung allshare
i asked my self what is the format that samsung uses to transcode the unsupported movied
so thank you and i will send you the support ticket
my ticket d is 23305

Paul
03-06-2012, 09:50 AM
Strange, because as far as I know, the AllShare doesn't transcode. If you turn transcoding off in Mezzmo, do those RMVB files play by any chance?

waleed_hanafy
03-06-2012, 03:14 PM
if i turn off transcoding in mezzmo or any other server rmvb files will not play and the message err unsupported format displayed.
but in samsung allshare rmvb works very good and with all the features like skipping to some time and also ff/rew
i don't know why, and this only for rmvb files but not to any other format like flv it can't play

waleed_hanafy
03-06-2012, 03:23 PM
by the way please don't forget to send my the updated profile

Paul
03-06-2012, 03:28 PM
Can you please tell me which version of Samsung's AllShare you are using?

waleed_hanafy
03-06-2012, 04:33 PM
the latest version on their site
if you can analyze the output format after transcoding i think it will be bonus to all samsung owners

Paul
03-06-2012, 05:14 PM
Versions could be different between countries, so I'd like to know your exact version. For example, the latest I have here is 2.1.0.12013_8.

If you can post a link to the one you're using, that'd be great, as that would take out the guesswork :)

waleed_hanafy
03-06-2012, 07:43 PM
the direct download url is
http://www.samsung.com/global/allshare/pcsw/download/AllSharePCSW.exe
and the exact version number is
2.1.0.12013_8

Paul
03-07-2012, 10:02 AM
Ok, thanks - same as here then. I'll do some testing and see how it handles those RMVB files.

waleed_hanafy
03-07-2012, 07:12 PM
please Dennis send to me the updated samsung D profile thanks in advance

Paul
03-08-2012, 11:54 AM
Please contact us using support [at] conceiva [dot] com and we can provide the updated device profile when we have completed our testing.