PDA

View Full Version : Mezzmo Front End App

Britinva
03-06-2012, 01:51 AM
Has any consideration been given to develop a Mezzmo Front End App?

I love the Mezzmo server functionality but hate the interface on my Samsung BD-C5500's.

I see that someone has started developing a Samsung Plex client on the C/D series which interfaces with the Plex server. Basically they are creating an App

http://forums.plexapp.com/index.php/topic/34067-howto-install-samsung-plex-app-updated-ip

Helpful guide from Samsung on using the develop account (see p7)
http://pages.samsung.com/appscheduler/guides/%5B2010%5DUser%20Application%20Guide%5BVer%202.00% 5D.pdf

Looks to be a nice improvement but really don't want to move away from Mezzmo.

Cheers,
Mark

KWS53
03-06-2012, 02:13 AM
I second this. The ONLY thing that separates Mezzmo from perfection is the lack of a client-end app that is customizable. Not being able to access the movie detail information in the server database minimizes the usefulness of having this information. Laika provides this for the Plex server using a Java script app.

Cheers,
Kurt

Paul
03-06-2012, 08:44 AM
Yes, we're considering this, so it may make it into development after the next major release.

Britinva
03-06-2012, 08:57 AM
Great - might start looking at your movie DB implementation again. Stopped as could not make use of it on the front ends.

So when is estimated next major release? Happy to help test & provide feedback on any Samsung App

Paul
03-06-2012, 09:02 AM
The next major release will include subtitles and that's scheduled in Q2 this year. After that's released, we'll start investigating TV-side apps, so it's probably a fair while away.

Britinva
03-08-2012, 04:40 AM
Another PLEX App benefit - use of FF / REW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8aEiSnnAAo&feature=youtu.be

So would be another great advantage of a Mezzmo App.

Alman
05-02-2012, 05:37 PM
I would like to see this too!

qupncy
07-01-2012, 01:21 PM
Any news on the front end app? i think it'll make mezzmo the complete package if this is implemented..

Paul
07-01-2012, 05:55 PM
Thanks for your feedback. We also recognize front-end apps are a great idea. We're very busy on Mezzmo v3.0 at the moment which has several much requested features - e.g. better subtitling features and URL streaming. Once done, then we will begin working on apps for Windows, iOS, Android and the various manufacturers' platform SDKs.

qupncy
07-02-2012, 12:36 PM
i know you must get this a lot.. but are you able to more precisely give an eta on mezzmo 3.0 it seems like its been in development for ever lol

JohnM
07-02-2012, 02:37 PM
Have you ever heard of Osborne Computers? They made the first portable computer, then they made the mistake of answering that type of question. Everyone stopped buying their computers waiting for the new one to come out. It never did.
Now days the only correct answer would be "Real soon now". ;)

Paul
07-03-2012, 10:03 AM
i know you must get this a lot.. but are you able to more precisely give an eta on mezzmo 3.0 it seems like its been in development for ever lol

Sorry - we cannot be precise as yet since we're still developing the various features and improvements.

Britinva
09-24-2012, 09:37 PM
Any news if Front End Apps going to be part of v3.0?

Paul
09-25-2012, 07:40 AM
Hi Britinva,

We're just about to release Mezzmo v2.7, and then we can concentrate on preparing the major new version, Mezzmo v3.0, for release. Most of the development has been done (subtitling, URL streaming, etc.) but we still have some tidying up and have to test it thoroughly. Sorry - front-end apps will not make it into Mezzmo v3.0, but they are certainly on our roadmap & we will look into them once Mezzmo v3.0 has been released.

JohnM
09-26-2012, 06:22 AM
There is an application out there that may do what you want (in a roundabout way). It is called VNC. It has been around for a long time. You can check it out at http://www.realvnc.com/

I have not fully tested it, but I did use the free version to allow my wife to connect from her MACbook Pro to my win 7 machine. She was able to open Mezzmo and examine some of the playlists. I will caution you that the free version is not very secure. You can download vnc and get a free license or you can get a 30 day trial of the personal version. The personal version is much more secure and is what I would use if I did not have a high security Cisco router to protect me. Basically VNC is a remote desktop tool (probably the first one ever). So people would not be limited to Mezzmo but would have full access to the system. Use it with caution.