PDA

View Full Version : Sound Sync

dehalley
03-07-2012, 07:27 AM
Often, the sound in my videos goes slightly out of sync, usually quite quickly after the video begins. I've found that a momentary rewind/display action will put things right, but of course that interrupts the flow. The file plays directly on the computer with no problems. Is there a setting I should be looking at?

Paul
03-07-2012, 10:06 AM
What device do you have and do you know if those files are being transcoded or sent natively?

dehalley
03-08-2012, 06:59 PM
Got a Sony Bravia TV and this happens when the files are being transcoded. When I pretranscode, I don't see the problem.

Paul
03-09-2012, 09:44 AM
Is transcoding fast enough for real-time playback? Please check the transcoding pane and it should tell you if it's not.

dehalley
03-10-2012, 08:22 AM
I do get unexplained Failed messages there from time to time, but no messages about transcoding speed problems. Without getting boring, it's a new computer with lots of CPU, lots of memory, and lots of free hard drive space. Most of the time there's not a problem. My router is quite a ways away from the TV, and I'm wondering if there might not be a periodic problem with the Wi-Fi speed (crowded frequency, etc.). Still, it seems that this would effect the video much more than the audio because of the sheer volume of data, but I'm certainly no expert on the subject.

Paul
03-13-2012, 10:09 AM
If you're using WiFi, then yes, it's possible for the stream to be delivered to the TV with some missing chunks or in a delayed manner. If a TV recovers well from this, it may only stutter a bit, but may lose audio synch. Is there a way for you to run a test cable connection to see if that fixes the problem?