PDA

View Full Version : Home Theatre, Surround Sound

Jamtinge
03-14-2012, 02:19 AM
Hello,

I purchased mezzmo about six months ago, and have been enjoying it. Thank you for the great software.

I've recently got a home theatre system ( Denon AVR 1612 ) /w 5.1 speaker system, and I am having some problem getting surround sound.

My system configuration is

Denon1612 - TV (Samsung UN55D6500) connected via HDMI2 (ARC) - Mezzmo (my pc)

Is there any setting I should change in order to get 5.1 audio? Everything works perfect except the audito is only stereo. I think I've tried all kinds of 5.1 movie files I can think of.

Thank you for your support in advance.

Paul
03-14-2012, 10:38 AM
Assuming you are using the 'Samsung D' device profile, then Mezzmo will stream 5.1 audio to your TV. You can check & set your device profile in the Media Devices dialog in Mezzmo.

My guess is that your Samsung TV is limiting its ARC to 2 channel. Perhaps read your TV manual or do a quick google to see if this is the case. I found this as a starting point: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1364413

Jamtinge
03-14-2012, 02:29 PM
Assuming you are using the 'Samsung D' device profile, then Mezzmo will stream 5.1 audio to your TV. You can check & set your device profile in the Media Devices dialog in Mezzmo.

My guess is that your Samsung TV is limiting its ARC to 2 channel. Perhaps read your TV manual or do a quick google to see if this is the case. I found this as a starting point: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1364413

Thank you Paul!! I got this all worked out! Thank you for the great starting point..

It wasn't the ARC; it is capable of sending 5.1 audio. It is just that I have to change my tv sound setting from PCM to DTS or Dolby. I am now getting full surround. Thank you again, I wouldn't thought about the tv setting without your help.

Paul
03-14-2012, 02:33 PM
Excellent! Thanks for posting back. I am sure other Samsung D-series TV owners will find this tip very helpful. Hope you enjoy Mezzmo :D