PDA

View Full Version : Mezzmo and Dish Network VIP 922 Sling Loaded DuoDVR

Shoulder Devil
03-21-2012, 05:04 AM
Hello,

I recently purchased Mezzmo 2.5.0.0. I have set it up on my Windows 7 x64 PC and have been able to successfully connect to the DLNA server from multiple XBox 360 consoles. I also have a Dish Network VIP 922 reciever that is a uPnP/DLNA compliant device. I have been able to connect to other Media Servers such as TVersity and Playon using this reciever but for some reason I cannot see Mezzmo listed as a server.

When I look at the device list within Mezzmo, the reciever shows up but the reciever cannot see the Mezzmo server. I have tried a few different device profiles to see if that is the problem but none of the profiles that I have tried have enabled the device to see the Media Server.

I also checked out the FAQ entry noting the different steps to take to remedy connectivity issues, but none of the steps allowed the VIP922 to see the Mezzmo server. All of my devices are connected together on a wired Gigabit network and all are on the same subnet (internal 192.168.1.x). Does anyone have any other ideas about how I can get the VIP922 to see the Mezzmo server? Is there a profile for a different device that I can use since no profile exists for the VIP922?

Thanks

James

Paul
03-21-2012, 09:42 AM
Please turn on logging logging (see this thread: http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) then stop and start Mezzmo media server. Using your Dish receiver, try to connect to Mezzmo. Once it fails, stop your Mezzmo server, zip up all the logs and send them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com. We'll take a look and see if we can see why you are not getting any connectivity between Mezzmo and your Dish receiver.

Shoulder Devil
03-21-2012, 11:21 AM
Paul,

I uploaded the log files as requested to the email address that you provided. Please let me know how you would like to proceed.

Thanks

James

Paul
03-21-2012, 11:30 AM
Thanks. We'll analyze your logs and reply via e-mail.