PDA

View Full Version : Transcodes files fine. Now what?

overlandpark4me
03-21-2012, 10:13 AM
I understand the transcoding, but say I transcode mkv file "A" for the PS3. It puts it in the default Mezzmo folder under some funky name. When I go to the PS3 to play the file (original) that shows up in the Ps3, it tries to transcode it again. I'm guessing it doesn't know any better? Do I need to add the default tcode folder to the mix and guess which one is the one I need to watch? I would have thought that it "pointed" correctly, but this is the first time I've tried an MKV since I've had this software. Full version 2.5.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Paul
03-21-2012, 10:32 AM
Something does not seem right To check transcoding is OK, right-click on file "A" in Mezzmo and click Properties. Go to the Transcoding tab on the Properties dialog and there you will see all your transcoded files for file "A". When a transcoded file has "Preferred" set next to it, then it will be streamed to that device (i.e. not the original and no further transcoding will take place). Let me know what you see in the Properties dialog.

overlandpark4me
03-21-2012, 10:44 AM
The program hung up, I restarted it, and checked. It says preferred with a check mark next to mpegts (h264,ac2), but now it isn't trying to dup the tcode. I guess it was a glitch? I'll keep an eye on it. Really happy with this software in general. Thks for the quick reply.

[QUO, which are what i checked off in bold when presented with the choices.TE=Paul;14158]Something does not seem right To check transcoding is OK, right-click on file "A" in Mezzmo and click Properties. Go to the Transcoding tab on the Properties dialog and there you will see all your transcoded files for file "A". When a transcoded file has "Preferred" set next to it, then it will be streamed to that device (i.e. not the original and no further transcoding will take place). Let me know what you see in the Properties dialog.[/QUOTE]

Paul
03-21-2012, 10:49 AM
It does sounds like a glitch somewhere. We'll check into this further. Anyway, glad you are up and running now. Hope you enjoy using Mezzmo.

overlandpark4me
03-21-2012, 11:11 AM
It does sounds like a glitch somewhere. We'll check into this further. Anyway, glad you are up and running now. Hope you enjoy using Mezzmo.

Something I have noticed is when I watch a transcoded file in dolby, a little ways in, it loses the surround and gives me static. Aside from picking the suggestions in bold letters, should I select "force full transcode"?

Paul
03-21-2012, 11:18 AM
Something I have noticed is when I watch a transcoded file in dolby, a little ways in, it loses the surround and gives me static. Aside from picking the suggestions in bold letters, should I select "force full transcode"?

You can try that. It will force both the audio and video channels to be transcoded and not re-muxed. Also, select the "Pre-transcode all files" and "Pre-transcode files even if they match..." so that your file is pre-transcoded each time you try a different option.

If that does not help, then we'll need to see the FFMpeg information for the original file. To get this, right-click on the file in Mezzmo and click 'Get FFmpeg Information'.