PDA

View Full Version : Mezzmo 2.5.1

mezzmo@mvg.za.net
03-23-2012, 06:03 AM
Hi Guys

Any ideas when the next version will be out? A few weeks ago there was mention that it was on the way?

Also, any ideas what is included? Specifically wondering about Sony PMB Meta Data support?

Thanks
Mark

Paul
03-23-2012, 10:13 AM
The current plan is to release the new update in 1-2 weeks. We've extended the release timeline a little as we want to slipstream a few further improvements & fixes that have been requested by customers into this release.

We have not yet implemented Sony PMB support. We'll see what's involved and, if possible, we'll try to implement PMB metadata support before the new release.

Paul
03-23-2012, 11:08 AM
We have not yet implemented Sony PMB support. We'll see what's involved and, if possible, we'll try to implement PMB metadata support before the new release.

Good news - Sony PMB metadata support will be included in the upcoming version :D

mezzmo@mvg.za.net
03-23-2012, 03:19 PM
Good news - Sony PMB metadata support will be included in the upcoming version :D

yay! That will be great!

Tokyo
04-20-2012, 12:20 PM
The current plan is to release the new update in 1-2 weeks. We've extended the release timeline a little as we want to slipstream a few further improvements & fixes that have been requested by customers into this release.

How are we doing on 2.5.1?

Paul
04-20-2012, 12:27 PM
Mezzmo v2.6 should be released next week. We're in final testing now.

mezzmo@mvg.za.net
04-24-2012, 07:12 PM
Hi

Any further news on when 2.6 will be available. Really looking forward to the new Meta Data stuff etc.

Mark

Paul
04-25-2012, 09:59 AM
We just found a few issues while testing the new version and are fixing them now. The new release should be ready very soon. Thanks for your patience.

tcviper
04-29-2012, 11:34 PM
Any update?

Paul
04-30-2012, 01:29 PM
We're planning to release Mezzmo v2.6 this week.

tcviper
05-03-2012, 03:18 AM
Cool, cant wait :)

goingmad
05-07-2012, 11:15 PM
Any news on a release date???

Thanks

Paul
05-08-2012, 10:02 AM
Any news on a release date???

This week :o I know we've said "this week" before but we're fighting a few issues that must be fixed before we can release. Sorry for the delay.

tcviper
05-12-2012, 05:43 AM
And another week :P

jayhawkX
05-12-2012, 01:41 PM
Well Technically the week ends on Saturday. I am also getting a little impatient, as well. But we will get it when it's ready.

Pootle
05-12-2012, 06:56 PM
Hmmm, have patience you must...

JohnM
05-13-2012, 02:59 AM
Technically every week is this week. I prefer that they take the time to make sure it is the best product available.

Hashybot
05-13-2012, 06:21 AM
Technically every week is this week. I prefer that they take the time to make sure it is the best product available.

I hope that thinking isn't applied too often in real life scenarios.
Imagine the possibilities:
Here is the forecast for "This weeks" weather, accept it may not apply till 3 weeks later.
Your power bill is due "This week", but we need not pay it because technically every week is next week.
And here's a great one for those guys looking to get cold feet on your wedding day, don't worry about attending your wedding this week, as every week is this week. :)

Ok enough silliness, I'm also with John on this. It is better to receive a bug free product than to have it rushed out for the sake of impatience. The conceiva crew will release it when its done, it will be worth the wait.

Aaron407
05-13-2012, 02:16 PM
Yeah, it'll come when they feel it's ready. If I were in their shoes, I'd much rather delay it a bit to get things right than rush it out under pressure, have people ticked off at the bugs, then be under the gun to play damage control to protect a reputation of quality products. Maybe that's just the engineer in me speaking though :)

Dion
05-13-2012, 02:21 PM
Don't worry guys.. They will release it when its ready.

darren
05-13-2012, 03:24 PM
This is not the week you are looking for....

mezzmo@mvg.za.net
05-13-2012, 04:19 PM
At least we are all keen to get the latest release... Can't wait...

tcviper
05-13-2012, 10:44 PM
Does anyone else here have experienced (with the current version) that sometimes while in the middle of a series or movie (MKV, x264, 1080p) that it plays fine, suddenly jumps back 30 seconds and continues again than 10 mins later the same, over and over untill the end?

Cant be memory, got 16gb in that box, and it's a Quad core Xeon in that box.

jayheyl
05-14-2012, 06:27 AM
Does anyone else here have experienced (with the current version) that sometimes while in the middle of a series or movie (MKV, x264, 1080p) that it plays fine, suddenly jumps back 30 seconds and continues again than 10 mins later the same, over and over untill the end?

I suggest you start your own thread on this topic. Your issue will get more attention with a title that more accurately reflects the problem, plus in most places online it's considered a bit rude to attempt to introduce a new topic in the middle of a thread.

jayhawkX
05-14-2012, 07:35 AM
All the interest in the next update just tells of how much we like the software.

In this thread we have talked of wanting an update mainly for additional features not necessarily for bugs. It's really a testament to Mezzmo.

Paul
05-14-2012, 11:43 AM
Thanks for all the interest. As mentioned, we found several new issues in last 2 weeks that needed to be fixed. Hopefully, we're done now. Once we're happy with it, then you will get it immediately. Again, sorry for the delay.

Paul
05-14-2012, 11:48 AM

It's best you contact us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com. We'll need to know (i) your DLNA device (incl. model) that you are streaming to, (ii) the device profile you have assigned to your device (go to Media Devices dialog in Mezzmo to see this), and (iii) the FFMpeg information on the file that is having this problem (right-click on the file and click 'Get FFmpeg Information'). Also, we will need a set of logs when this happens. Please enable logging (see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) and then restart your Mezzmo server. Stream the problem file and, when it fails as you mention, stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo. Zip up the logs and send them to us.

mezzmo@mvg.za.net
05-17-2012, 05:23 PM
Yeah... Can't wait to try out 2.6.

Want to see what the added support for Sony PMB (Now called PlayMemories Home) is like. Going to be great to have accurate MetaData fro Home movies recorded on Sony Video Camera etc.

Paul
05-17-2012, 05:46 PM
Mezzmo v2.6 has been released today. Thanks for all your patience.

kraksen
05-17-2012, 06:30 PM
Thanks for another release guys, but..

When will we ever see the built in subtitle engine, for "baking in" the subtitles to the stream ? It has been promised for over a year now, always mentioning the next mayor release.

This is the one functionality i really miss, because when this is implemented, i can just transcode ALL my files no matter what, and thereby spare my self a lot of trouble on my Panasonic Viera TV, that have issues with specially .mkv files, and certain large .avi files.

Please guys, you earlier told it was already in the making, i think 5-6 months ago. Shouldn't take another year hopefully. Specially now, seeing that there there is longer and longer between even minor updates..

Paul
05-17-2012, 06:49 PM
The new subtitling and URL streaming features are two of the main features planned for Mezzmo v3.0. Development on both these features was on hold for a period last year whilst we completed Mezzmo v2.5. We have been back developing both subtitling and URL streaming for some time now, and have both features working in our Alpha builds of Mezzmo v3.0 (...not yet complete so please don't ask to test it yet). So the new subtitling engine is in the works. I can't give you a firm release date though.

Dion
05-17-2012, 07:07 PM
Thanks for the new release guys. Also where has Dennis been.. He is MIA :confused:

tcviper
05-17-2012, 07:23 PM
Completely agree with kraksen, would really love to see baking in .srt subtitles and also built in subs that are burned in the mkv.

Paul
05-17-2012, 08:24 PM
Thanks for the new release guys. Also where has Dennis been.. He is MIA :confused:

Dennis has moved onto greener pastures :( So you're stuck with me ;)

Paul
05-18-2012, 06:07 PM
Just an update - Mezzmo v2.6.1 was just released so please try this new minor update. Some users reported Mezzmo server crashing on startup with Mezzmo v2.6. This new v2.6.1 update should remedy this issue. Let us know how you go.