PDA

View Full Version : .db question

Pootle
03-25-2012, 09:16 AM
Hi,

I've gone through about 250 ripped movies to get the metadata and cover art, which I believe is now all saved in Mezzmo.db file.

It is likely that I'm going to need to re-install the OS on my server, and therefore Mezzmo, as everything will get deleted when I do this. I don't really want to have to retrieve all the metadata etc again, so my question is if I take copies of the current .db files and then copy them back once the OS and Mezzmo are re-installed, will they be recognised, or are they somehow only associated with a particular installation?

Alternatively, can I just copy the Mezzmo.db file to another drive and edit the MezzmoMediaServer.ini file to point at the new location? If so, are there any other files I would need to move as well?

Thanks in advance.

Paul
03-26-2012, 10:59 AM
As long as your media files still are located at the same path (e.g. G:\media\videos\inception.mkv, or \\netgear-nas\music\bobdylan\track1.mp3), then you Mezzmo database files should be OK to restore after you re-install Mezzmo. If the paths of the media files have changed, then it gets messier and you will have to do some SQL editing in the Mezzmo database files.

You can change the location of the Mezzmo database. You need to edit both the MezzmoMediaServer.ini file and MezzmoServices.txt file.

Pootle
03-27-2012, 03:54 AM
That's the answer I was hoping for. Thanks!!

hsbrown2
03-28-2012, 02:40 AM
How is this achieved?

I tried modifying the one line in ProgramData\Conceiva\Mezzmo\MezmoServices.txtx to point where I want it to go but no joy. There is nothing in the ini file except what appears to be a UI language setting.

Are there hidden commands that must be added, or ?

I have to mover the .db files in order for Mezzmo to function at ll. My machine is a dedicated media server that boots off CF, there is no room on C: for anything other than OS.

TIA

Paul
03-28-2012, 10:19 AM
See this post - http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/2853-Move-db-files-out-of-AppData-Local-Mezzmo?p=14264#post14264