PDA

View Full Version : Subtitle external file .sub on Samsung 6400

james_jer
03-28-2012, 08:01 AM
Is the Samsung 6400 compatible with external subtitles ?

I am playing MKV files, and have extracted the subtitles from it to a *.sub file using MKVExtract.

The name of the movie and the subtitle is the same and I have "Maintain Library" to detect any changes.

When I click Tools on the Samsung, I can change the audio, but I dont see the Subtitle option enabled

Paul
03-28-2012, 10:28 AM
It sounds like you have done everything right, so it may be that your TV model does not support .sub files or your .sub files are badly formed so the TV cannot display it. Just to make sure, send us a set of logs and we can see what the TV is requesting from Mezzmo and what Mezzmo is delivering. Please enable logging (see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) and start your Mezzmo media server. Connect to Mezzmo from your TV and browse the playlist that has the video files with accompanying .sub files. Try playing one of the video files. When no subtitles appear, stop your Mezzmo media server and exit Mezzmo. Zip up all the logs and send them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

james_jer
03-28-2012, 05:59 PM
I have sent the logs.. Thanks.

Paul
03-28-2012, 06:07 PM
Thanks for the logs. I just replied to you via email. Your logs show that Mezzmo finds your .sub files and presents them to your TV. Your TV requests them when you play the movie and Mezzmo delivers them to your TV. So, if they are not appearing as you say, it could mean the .sub file you created is corrupt & unable to be displayed by your TV. Can you download a .sub file from the web (even for a different movie) so you can test if displays OK on your TV? That will help confirm if your TV model actually displays .sub files. Just make sure you rename the .sub file to the same name as your movie file and place it in the same folder.