PDA

View Full Version : Mezzmo stops being visible Via DLNA every 24 hours

Smart-ass24-7
03-28-2012, 10:58 PM
Hi guys,

I have mezzmo 2.5.0.0 installed and at the moment every 24 hours(ish) the mezzmo DLNA Server stops being visible on DLNA players. I can fix the problem by quitting mezzmo and re-launching it.

Mezzmo runs on windows server 2008 R2 which is left on 24/7. It's quite frustrating as you can imagine. An clues?

Paul
03-29-2012, 11:25 AM
It's best you send us a set of logs so we can see if anything strange is happening inside Mezzmo. Please turn on logging (http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) and re-start your Mezzmo server. After 24 hours(ish) when it happens, stop your your Mezzmo media server and exit Mezzmo. Zip up all the logs and send them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

burtcom
04-09-2012, 01:36 AM
I am seeing similar behavior on my Windows 2007 machine. Seems to happen randomly -- but once or twice in a day the kids will tell me "Mezzmo isn't working" I'll take a look using my Android device and sure enough -- I'll see their devices but not Mezzmo.

to fix it I'll stop and restart the Mezzmo Media Center. I've noticed that often when I stop it, it doesn't actually stop. I'll have to click the stop button again. Curiously, I've noticed that sometimes when I click the stop button Mezzmo will suddenly appear as a device, when I've just stopped it :) . Sometime I have to go through several stop-start cycles to get it to be visible in the network again.

It seems the Media service sometimes just stops working, and somehow isn't communicating that to the Mezzmo GUI? I'll turn on logging and see what that says.

ftanner
04-09-2012, 05:23 AM
I've noticed that intermittently as well.

Paul
04-10-2012, 11:28 AM
Thanks for providing this information. We'll try to reproduce it here.

burtcom
04-10-2012, 11:58 AM
Logs sent :)

Paul
04-10-2012, 12:06 PM
Thanks - we'll analyze them & hopefully they will help us pinpoint the problem.

burtcom
04-10-2012, 12:15 PM
Hmm -- next time it does this, I'll have to look at Services tab in Task Manager and see if the Mezzmo media service is actually running.

burtcom
04-10-2012, 10:43 PM
No, the service is not running when it does this -- though the Mezzmo GUI seems to think it is, Task Manager reports it is not.

ftanner
04-11-2012, 03:32 AM
If you have the Mezzmo server service set to run automatically on startup, instead of just when the GUI is loaded, you might try setting the restart settings in the Recovery tab for the service. I haven't done that yet as I have mine just running when the GUI is loaded, but that should work for automatically restarting the service.

The real issue is, "Why is it stopping in the first place?" I haven't gotten around to checking the Event Logs on my machine after it stops to see if there is an error message logged in the Application Event Log.

Paul
04-11-2012, 11:02 AM
We're looking into the "Why is it stopping in the first place?" issue right now & hopefully will have it fixed for the upcoming release.

Paul
04-11-2012, 05:03 PM
Update: We think we have reproduced and fixed the Mezzmo server stopping/crash issue. The fix will be included in the upcoming release that we're testing now. The new release will be a free upgrade for all registered users.