PDA

View Full Version : Resume File Support For WDTV's

Dion
03-31-2012, 07:12 PM
Is it possible to get resume file support for Mezzmo. The way the WDTV Live works is it remembers the position of files written to a file called "video_resume_point_table" If the server software supported this "Mezzmo" Could remember your location on all the WDTV's in the house.

Paul
04-02-2012, 06:46 AM
Thanks for this information & suggestion, Dion. We'll certainly look into it.

Hashybot
04-25-2012, 05:40 PM
I would also like to second this feature. Its the only feature that is stopping me from making the jump from the 'other' service. Please implement this in the next release, there would be many WDTV owners that would very much appreciate it.

I would also like to note that while testing this to be sure to test one avi, go to a few others then go back to the first to make sure its working. I did notice that Mezzmo does remember if you only play one file, then play it again it will resume, however on the 'other' product it will remember the position of the first file even after playing many others. Hope this helps. :)

Cheers
Hashy

Paul
04-26-2012, 08:47 AM
Thanks for the feedback & suggested testing. As mentioned, we'll certainly look into improving the user experience for WDTV owners.

ftanner
04-26-2012, 11:07 AM
This could work with the suggestion where I had where you can pause on one device and play on another.

Hashybot
04-28-2012, 04:37 PM
Just an update Mezzmo crew. :)

It appears that the resume feature seems to be working fine now. After I removed the 'other' media server it seems resume it working flawlessly... well I tested about 10 clips then went back to the first and it asked to resume and worked. This is working for the WDTV Live Hub but I cant vouch for the WDTV Live or Live Plus.

Very happy customer, and whats even better is I bought it at your 50% discount offer yesterday.

Thanks again.
Hashy.

Dion
04-28-2012, 04:58 PM
Just an update Mezzmo crew. :)

It appears that the resume feature seems to be working fine now. After I removed the 'other' media server it seems resume it working flawlessly... well I tested about 10 clips then went back to the first and it asked to resume and worked. This is working for the WDTV Live Hub but I cant vouch for the WDTV Live or Live Plus.

Very happy customer, and whats even better is I bought it at your 50% discount offer yesterday.

Thanks again.
Hashy.

Hub has internal memory so it can write it to the device's memory. The Live and Live Plus need the media server software to support it. The WD Team made the firmware support this via "video_resume_point_table" file. Also other media servers already support it.

Hashybot
04-28-2012, 06:32 PM
Hub has internal memory so it can write it to the device's memory. The Live and Live Plus need the media server software to support it. The WD Team made the firmware support this via "video_resume_point_table" file. Also other media servers already support it.

Ahh ok. I did have the WD Live which I gave to another family member, but I did intend on testing Mezzmo with it next time I was over there. I was curious though, I put Brads 0.5.0.0 Firmware on the Live which supports resume. His firmware was great for the standard Live box and it also has a ton of other features. That might also be the reason I remember it having resume, but I didn't have Mezzmo at the time so I was unable to test it. Brads firmware is worth a look provided you use the older model live. Any way I hope Mezzmo sort it out for you. :)

Dion
04-30-2012, 08:54 AM
Ahh ok. I did have the WD Live which I gave to another family member, but I did intend on testing Mezzmo with it next time I was over there. I was curious though, I put Brads 0.5.0.0 Firmware on the Live which supports resume. His firmware was great for the standard Live box and it also has a ton of other features. That might also be the reason I remember it having resume, but I didn't have Mezzmo at the time so I was unable to test it. Brads firmware is worth a look provided you use the older model live. Any way I hope Mezzmo sort it out for you. :)

It will also work if you have a USB device plugged in ( For WDTV and Plus ). But since this is a streaming network software.. most of us don't have a USB drive plugged in.