PDA

View Full Version : Transcoding doesn't stay

jpotts
04-01-2012, 09:06 AM
I am suddenly finding that every time I go into my movies I find many of them have to be transcoded a second and third time. I may have watched a movie yestersday, but today it says "Cannot Read File". I downloaded a TV series in .avi format and it has taken a couple of days to transcod them - then all the coding was gone the next day and I have to do it again. Now it is picking up other movies in the transcoder pane that were done weeks ago and adding them to the stack so that my computer has not been turned off for three days and still movies are not trancoded again after they were done previously.

All movies nad video are on a 500GB HD that I use exclusively for this purpose. The computer is a dual processor Intel X6800 2.94 Ghz and I have 8GB ram and running Windows 7 - 64bit Prof. with SP1. The TV is 2011 Smart" Viero plasma on a wired router. I have the latest Mezzmo Version!

The programm ran well when I first installed it a couple of months ago, but now it is so aggravating that I almost feel it would be less trouble to put all my movies on discs again. I have made no changes or installed any new programs and I still can't watch the series I downloaded two days ago. I can put up with the slow (42FPS) transcoding, but not having to do them 2 and 3 times!! HELP!!

JohnM
04-02-2012, 04:05 AM
Look under Media Server -> Transcoding Settings.
On that screen is a setting to limit the size of your directory. If you fill that directory it will get rid of the older trancoded files. Try increasing the size allowed or consider permanently transcoding a file and saving it in the library. Right now you will need to use other sw to do it until Mezzmo is updated to do it (planned future release). If you need help let us know, plenty of folks will be glad to give you pointers.

peterf5438
04-02-2012, 09:18 PM
jpotts,
I had a similar problem with my transcoded files being deleted after a "Maintain Library" was run (see my post here (http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/2556-Pre-transcoded-files-deleted-after-Maintain-Library?p=12586#post12586)). Maybe you are having the same issue. Do you have Mezzmo configured to automatically run a "Maintain Library" every night? The root cause for my issue was never found but I fixed it by starting my Library from scratch again. There must have been some corruption in the database.