PDA

View Full Version : Streaming to Android Devices (Galaxy Tab 8.9, 7.7 and GS2)

networkn
04-06-2012, 07:38 AM
Hi There!

What do I need to do to be able to get videos playing on these devices? Is it web based (URL please) or do I need an app for that?

I tried with iMediaShare and whilst I could see the video, when it asked me what to play the videos in and I selected iMediaShare, (Only other choice was the android video player), it wouldn't play. I can play music ok.

Thanks

jayheyl
04-07-2012, 05:44 AM
I've tried BubbleUPnP and aVia on my Galaxy Nexus. BubbleUPnP has given me some problems, like not really working with Mezzmo. aVia got the job done.

My only complaint with aVia is that it likes to stay resident when you exit -- even if you actually choose "exit" from its menu -- and burns up the battery. I always have to go in to the running application list and kill it off manually. Aside from that it has worked fine with Mezzmo. It also works well on my Kindle Fire.

Paul
04-10-2012, 11:06 AM
The current version of Mezzmo does not stream URLs from internet web sites. We are developing this feature now and it will be included in the next planned major version of Mezzmo - due later in 2012.