PDA

View Full Version : Mezzmo 2.6 questions - .VOB file streaming and Playlist

SilverStar
04-21-2012, 05:48 AM
I have 2 questions about the upcoming new release, v2.6.

I am currently using v2.5 (in Trial mode) and I have to say that this software is fantastic because of the ability to play .VOB files. I have over 1900 movies that I backed up to external hard drives and each movie is in its own directory with the .VOB files under the VIDEO_TS directory. I am using Sony's SMP-N100 media player (I used to use Warpia - www.warpia.com to watch my movies on my TV).

The only issue I have is that when I'm watching a movie there is a small delay when it switches to the next .VOB file in the sequence. I read somewhere on here a while back that this was being looked at for future releases where it will play the movie seamlessly without the delay. I know some will say to convert or merge to one VOB file but I want to keep the raw .VOB files intact for whatever reason. Is this included in v2.6? If not, is it being looked at?

Having said that, my second question pertains to the custom playlists in Mezzmo. As I explained above, when I get into Mezzmo on the Sony media player and proceed to the Movies directory, all 1900+ movies show up in the directory tree. If I want to watch a movie that that starts with an "S" I have to scroll down quite a bit to get to the movies that start with "S". I tried experimenting and creating "Smart Playlists" that separates the movies by letters, for instance, Mezzmo>Movies>A>all movies that start with A, but can't seem to solve it or for all I now that feature doesn't exist. Is this possible?

Thanks and looking forward to your response. I plan on purchasing the software, BTW.

JohnM
04-21-2012, 09:19 AM
I can't speak to the development plans.
The playlists for a Rolodex style are easy.
First create a playlist called By Name.
Highlight that playlist so that the next one you create will be under it.
Create a smart playlist. When the box is open give it the Name A.
Add three conditions that must be met.
1. File is type video.
2. File path begins with (insert the beginning of where you store your files c:\movies or \\nasname\sharename\directory)
3. Title begins with A
Save
To create the next repeat the process for B (you can copy+paste the file path to make it easy)
The only tricky part is remember to highlight the By Name playlist first.
When you want to create one for files with numbers for a name (2001, 2012, 16 Blocks etc) it is a little different unless you want them separated. I created a smart playlist called # and for the third condition I used Album Artist is #. Then for those files I added # to that meta field.

I also used the Album Artist field to create smart playlist for sets. Ie all the Harry Potter are in one set all Indiana Jones in another. Just use the same name for all the movies in that field and use the condition Album Artist is.

SilverStar
04-21-2012, 01:43 PM
Thanks for your suggestion but that didn't work.

On the plus side it gave me an idea for a workaround that works. I created directories on the external hard drives, such as "A", "B", and manually moved the movie folders under each directory that it corresponds. Now when I access Mezzmo on the media player it shows the movies under each letter directory.

Pootle
04-21-2012, 07:44 PM
Hi SilverStar,

The method described by JohnM should work - I have had my library set up like this for a while now. The advantage over what you have done is that as soon as you add a new media file, it will automatically be put into the correct playist without having to save the file into a specific folder.

If you want to have another go at it, try this thread here (http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/476-Tutorial-How-to-create-a-rolodex-style-index-using-Smart-playlists-in-Mezzmo)

Paul
04-23-2012, 09:49 AM
The only issue I have is that when I'm watching a movie there is a small delay when it switches to the next .VOB file in the sequence. I read somewhere on here a while back that this was being looked at for future releases where it will play the movie seamlessly without the delay. I know some will say to convert or merge to one VOB file but I want to keep the raw .VOB files intact for whatever reason. Is this included in v2.6? If not, is it being looked at?

Gapless playback has been suggested by a few Mezzmo users - especially with regards playing music. It is on our development list and we'll look into it further after we complete several major features we are working on now. In addition, we also have playing ISO images on our development plans as it has been requested by Mezzmo users.

I tried experimenting and creating "Smart Playlists" that separates the movies by letters, for instance, Mezzmo>Movies>A>all movies that start with A, but can't seem to solve it or for all I now that feature doesn't exist. Is this possible?

The suggestions by JohnM and Pootle should work for you. If you are still having problems with your playlists, then post back here or email us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com and we can walk you through how to do it.

SilverStar
04-24-2012, 06:08 AM
Gapless playback has been suggested by a few Mezzmo users - especially with regards playing music. It is on our development list and we'll look into it further after we complete several major features we are working on now. In addition, we also have playing ISO images on our development plans as it has been requested by Mezzmo users.

The suggestions by JohnM and Pootle should work for you. If you are still having problems with your playlists, then post back here or email us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com and we can walk you through how to do it.

thanks for the response.