PDA

View Full Version : Movie Audio

IsNull
04-27-2012, 03:11 AM
In the past when encoding my movies for the media server, I've always converted the audio to ac3 as that's what my players would support. However, we're looking at upgrading some of the equipment to support DTS and TrueHD. Some of the equipment will still only support the acc format. Is there a way to place both audio solutions into a container and allow Mezzmo to send the correct one to the device? Because some of the sources are Blueray I really don't want to have to encode two versions of the same movie and right now the media server doesn't have the juice to really transcode on the fly let alone support multiple sources.

Is there such a thing as a users guide for the software at all?

Paul
04-27-2012, 08:44 AM
The current version of Mezzmo (v2.5) does not let you choose which video/audio channel gets sent to which device. We have this channel selection feature already planned for a future version.

For the moment, one solution for you is to encode your video files using (say) DTS or TrueHD and that will be streamed directly/natively to your device that supports DTS/TrueHD. For your other device (that does not support DTS/TrueHD), you can use Mezzmo's pre-transcode feature to pre-transcode your files into AAC audio. This will let you stream them without stuttering, etc. since they have already been transcoded and are ready to be streamed. To pre-transcode a file, right-click on the file in Mezzmo and click 'Pre-transcode File. Or, right-click on a folder/playlist in the tree in Mezzmo and click 'Pre-transcode Playlist' to pre-transcode a playlist/folder of files. Or, click Tools/Pre-transcode Library menu item to pre-transcode your entire Mezzmo library.