PDA

View Full Version : Mezzmo not responding

Whizz63
05-01-2012, 02:30 AM
I am a fairly new user of Mezzmo and find it brilliant when it works. I keep getting a not responding message and the Mezzmo screen fades and the mouse pointer on the screen keeps going round. Then a windows message appears as to close the program or wait. I have waited and waited but nothing happens so I close the program. This does not happen everytime but probably 9 out of 10 times.
When I have transcoded files the message warning that the CPU is running at 100%.
My PC is not an old machine. I have a i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40 GHz, 16 GB RAM running Win7 64 Bit.
Any ideas why these things happen ?

Whizz63
05-01-2012, 03:19 AM
Just adding my Mezzmo version as I forgot in the 1st post. It is version 2.5.0.0

Paul
05-01-2012, 06:58 AM
The error where Mezzmo does not respond has been fixed and it will be included in the new Mezzmo v2.6 that will be released later this week.

Your CPU may be running at 100% when you are pre-transcoding or transcoding on-the-fly. Mezzmo is converting your audio/video files so they can be played on your device(s). Given your computer has excellent configuration, it is odd that it is going to 100% though. We would like to see a set of logs to better determine your problem. Please enable logging (see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging). Exit Mezzmo and start it again. Restart your Mezzmo server and then repeat your transcoding scenario where your CPU goes to 100%. Then stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo. Zip up all the logs and send them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

Paul
05-17-2012, 04:58 PM
Mezzmo v2.6 has been released today. Please upgrade to this new version and let us know if the not responding problem persists.