PDA

View Full Version : Samsung and Airport Extreme weirdness

pwalnuts
05-02-2012, 01:17 AM
Hi,
I've been using the full version of Mezzmo for about a year with no hassles, streams to all my devices just fine, the only drawback has been the speed of my wireless G network.

I got my hands on an Apple Airport Extreme and figured I would use it as a wireless AP to replace my router's built in wireless G and give my streaming a nice boost. Since connecting it up things have gotten odd with my Samsung BD Player (BD-D6500).

With my old wireless G setup I had the Blu-Ray using the "Samsung BDP 3D" profile in Mezzmo but now I can't even browse file menus with this profile, I have to use Samsung A, B or B Comp. Streaming seems ok when it gets there but browsing video files/folders is now very laggy and unresponsive where previously it was almost instant.

I can watch Youtube and use other Internet functions on the Blu-Ray just fine, better in fact than when I was connected via wireless G, it's purely streaming from my PC that has gotten worse.

Just to be clear, my previous setup was:

Mezzmo PC -> Router(Billion 7401VGPR3 - wireless G) -> Samsung Blu-Ray

My new setup is:

Mezzmo PC -> Router(Billion 7401VGPR3 - wireless disabled) -> Airport Extreme -> Samsung Blu-Ray

Any ideas?

Paul
05-02-2012, 08:21 AM
It's probably best you send in a set of logs so we can see what may be going wrong. Set you device profile back to 'Samsung BDP 3D" as you say this used to work fine. Please turn on logging (see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) and restart your Mezzmo server. Browse and play some files on your Samsung BD. When it fails, stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo. Zip up all the logs and send them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

pwalnuts
05-02-2012, 10:41 AM
Ok Paul, will do when I get home. You guys in Melbourne eh? Do you make house calls? ;)

Paul
05-02-2012, 02:33 PM
Ok Paul, will do when I get home. You guys in Melbourne eh? Do you make house calls? ;)

We are headquartered in Melbourne, Australia and have offices in Tokyo, Japan. We prefer to make house calls to exotic locations like the Caribbean islands, Mauritius, etc. :)

pwalnuts
05-02-2012, 06:38 PM
St. Kilda is vaguely exotic :) Logs sent.

Paul
05-04-2012, 10:58 AM
Thanks - we'll get back to you after we analyze your logs.