PDA

View Full Version : MediaMonkey and Mezzmo

Quigongentoo
05-12-2012, 10:47 AM
Ok, trying out Mezzmo with my music collection. My collection is all in flac and I keep track of it using MM. All of the tags are modified by MM (album art, lyrics, play count, rating, etc.). I want to keep it that way as I like MM for this purpose. I would however like for Mezzmo to stream this collection to my network if need be. Yes, I know MM will do upnp streaming now, but I want one solution for video,music,pictures. I am trying to get Mezzmo to create a playlist with the 5 star songs Ive selected with MM. The library is around 25000 songs so I dont want to have to go back through them and re-tag just for Mezzmo. I cant figure out how to set up the playlist to sort out just the 5 star songs. Am I just overlooking something in the playlist setup? Any help would be appreciated.

Paul
05-14-2012, 11:38 AM
Mezzmo reads metadata from flac files when you add them into Mezzmo or maintain your Mezzmo library.

You can check the metadata that Mezzmo has obtained for a file (including the rating) using the Properties dialog. Right-click on a file in Mezzmo and click Properties.

In Mezzmo, you can create several types of playlists. The one you are interested in is a smart playlist. Try this: Create a smart playlist (click Create Playlist -> Smart Playlist) and add a rule whereby the 'File Type' is 'Music' and the 'Rating' is 5. That should list all music files that have a rating of 5 stars.

Try that and see how you go. Let us know if you need further help.

Quigongentoo
05-16-2012, 07:18 AM
Thanks Paul Ill give it a try

Quigongentoo
05-16-2012, 08:55 AM
Paul,

I did what you suggested, it worked....... somewhat..... Its showing ALOT more than just the files I have marked as 5 star in MM. I looked at the FFmpeg info but I dont see anything about rating, this may be because Im looking in the wrong place. Does MM use a different rating scheme than Mezzmo? I dont know Im just shooting in the dark here. Anything else I can try?

Paul
05-16-2012, 12:44 PM
For some of the files that are listed in your new smart playlist, right-click on some of those that you think should not be there and click Properties. In the Properties dialog, do you see 5 stars for these files? If they don't have 5 stars in the Properties dialog, then it could possibly be a bug in Mezzmo. Let us know what you find.

Quigongentoo
05-17-2012, 06:02 AM
Paul,

After checking a dozen or so, I have yet to find any with any stars showing at all. When I mouse over the spot for them they light up to be selected. Also, I tried to sort the list as 10 star instead of 5 and it made no difference. Seems like I tried Asset upnp and I had to sort out to 10 stars to get the 5's from MM. I think is because you can select 1/2 a star? Anything else you want me to try?

Paul
05-17-2012, 10:14 AM
Please zip up one of your FLAC files that has a 5 star rating set by MM and send it to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com. We'll check out if Mezzmo is reading the rating metadata correctly in your files.

Quigongentoo
05-18-2012, 07:56 AM
Ok will do

Rainey
05-21-2012, 03:02 PM
I do this with some groups of video files.
I found that if i use the greater then condition it works better the the equal. I also set a path condition so only files containing that folder name show up in the playlist other wise i also had files that i did not want.
So try to set the play list for Greater then 4 and and a path to limit the scope and any file with Five stars should be listed.
I also used MM to set the rating on my files.

Quigongentoo
05-22-2012, 08:46 AM
Ok I will give it a try

Nope that didnt work either. I also tried using "is" 100. MediaInfo shows the rating at 100 so I thought Id give it a shot.

Paul
05-22-2012, 11:04 AM
Nope that didnt work either. I also tried using "is" 100. MediaInfo shows the rating at 100 so I thought Id give it a shot.

We received your sample FLAC file and hopefully we will have time to test this later today. I'll post back our results.