PDA

View Full Version : Multiple File versions/Quicksync Support

patnalli
05-17-2012, 12:00 AM
I would like the ability to create my own transcodes versions of media files and have Mezzmo supply the version of the file I indicate for certain clients, and use a default for others.

Also, I know this is probably out of your hands, but if ffmpeg implemented quicksync support then realtime transcoding of most files would become pretty trivial.

Paul
05-17-2012, 10:04 AM
Mezzmo does let you control what transcoded files are delivered to each device. Right-click on a file in Mezzmo and click Properties. Go to the Transcoding tab and you will see all the transcoded variations of that file listed there. If you place a check next to a file, then it becomes "Preferred" and this tells Mezzmo server to deliver it to the device. You can also click "Use Original" to force the original (native) file to be streamed to particular devices.

You can create your own transcoded variations of a file using the Pre-transcode File button on the Transcoding tab (or by right-clicking on a file and clicking Pre-transcode Files). In the Pre-transcode Files dialog, choose the device(s) that you want to transcode the file for and click Choose Formats. In the Transcoding Formats dialog, all possible encoding formats are listed for that device. You can select the formats that you want to transcode to. All files to be transcoded are queued & listed in the Transcoding pane.

patnalli
05-17-2012, 10:41 AM
What I mean is I would like the ability to create pre transcoded copies outside of Mezzmo and be able to tell Mezzmo to use them as you describe. The reason is that I could then use my quicksync-enabled app to transcode the files. Using quicksync cuts transcoding time (and CPU usage) by a tremendous amount. If they add quicksync support to ffmpeg, it would be moot as on-the-fly transcoding of my bluray rips would be trivial and there would be no need to pre transcode.

Paul
05-17-2012, 10:59 AM
Understand now. Hopefully quicksync support will be added into FFMpeg as you say.