PDA

View Full Version : Fast forward not working on Samsung UE40ES6530

lex
05-18-2012, 06:53 PM
I am evaluating Mezzmo 2.6 and generally it works fine only FF does not seem to work. When I press the >> or > button the TV shows "Not available".
The video files are in mpg format.
I have tried with device profiles Samsung C and D

Also tried to enable pre-trancoding but the video files where not qued so I assume they don't need to be transcode.

Any idears ?

Lex

Rainey
05-21-2012, 12:53 PM
I am evaluating Mezzmo 2.6 and generally it works fine only FF does not seem to work. When I press the >> or > button the TV shows "Not available".
The video files are in mpg format.
I have tried with device profiles Samsung C and D

Also tried to enable pre-trancoding but the video files where not qued so I assume they don't need to be transcode.

Any idears ?

Lex
Join the disappointed Samsung club.

Many of the Samsung TV's have this disabled when streaming but it works if the movie file is connect local to the TV by a USB drive.
I think IMHO, that if you did not pay $2500 or more for the TV then Samsung disables this feature.
I got the D6000 and i though that the Smart Hub would be great but it also is so limited that it has no browser, and can not work with any Keyboard and only supports the small old style remote so it is basically worthless as an internet TV.

You can jump forward 10 seconds at a time by using the right arrow, you may be able to do a time search from the Samsung DLNA toolbar if it is not grayed out.

Paul
05-21-2012, 12:56 PM
Samsung TV's firmware does not let you use the FF/REW buttons on your remote control when streaming via DLNA. This is a restriction of Samsung (all media servers have the same problem, not just Mezzmo). Hopefully one day Samsung upgrade their firmware to support this. For now, you can use the Skip buttons on your remote to skip increments, or you can use the Chapter button on your remote to choose auto-generated (by Mezzmo) chapter points in the video.

lex
05-30-2012, 06:26 PM
Samsung TV's firmware does not let you use the FF/REW buttons on your remote control when streaming via DLNA. This is a restriction of Samsung (all media servers have the same problem, not just Mezzmo). Hopefully one day Samsung upgrade their firmware to support this. For now, you can use the Skip buttons on your remote to skip increments, or you can use the Chapter button on your remote to choose auto-generated (by Mezzmo) chapter points in the video.

That's very disappointing, so I have to complain to Samsung :(
Skip buttons are not working either. I have read about the chaptering but have not had the time to try it.

Lex

Gus
05-30-2012, 09:34 PM
on my C650 TV, the >> or > buttons dont work either. But the left and right buttons in the centre work fine for FF and REW in 10sec increments. Holding the button down seems to go quick enough for me.

It might be worth trying the same buttons on your remote.

lex
05-31-2012, 03:19 AM
on my C650 TV, the >> or > buttons dont work either. But the left and right buttons in the centre work fine for FF and REW in 10sec increments. Holding the button down seems to go quick enough for me.

It might be worth trying the same buttons on your remote.

Unfortunately does not work on my remote. The tv gives some error message when pressing any of thos buttons.

Lex