PDA

View Full Version : V2.6 Database showing duplicate Video files under Playlists

Bodders-11
05-19-2012, 05:45 PM
Hi,
I've just noticed that I am seeing a lot of duplicated Video files when viewing the library through Smart or Active Playlist views. Not every file shows up twice, but a lot do.

The files are located on a NAS and the difference is simply the file path to discriminate between the two e.g.
Entry 1 : \\Nas\Multimedia\\1.Films\Drama\127 Hours.avi
Entry 2 : \\Nas\Multimedia\1.Films\Drama\127 Hours.avi

i.e. SOME entries have an extra backslash. I'm using Win 7 x64 and \\NAS\Multimedia is a mapped network drive to Z:.

In Folder view there is no duplication.

This was a clean 2.6 install dollowed by an upgrade to 2.6.1. I have run Maintenance under 2.6 and 2.6.1 both with and without 'Update all files' and all with and without 'Remove media files....'

Bodders

Paul
05-21-2012, 11:23 AM
Does the mapped drive [Z:] definition in Windows Explorer have the extra backslash? i.e. \\Nas\Multimedia\\? If it does, then remove the extra backslash in your mapped drive definition. Then remove this folder from Mezzmo (along with the files). Next, add the mapped drive/folder back into Mezzmo and hopefully that cleans it all up for you. Mezzmo converts mapped drives into full UNC paths when you add your folder into your Mezzmo library and that's what Windows tells Mezzmo your mapped drive points to.

erimads
05-21-2012, 04:57 PM
I do have the same problem and my drive is not a shared drive it is USB connected to the PC and there is not any extra backslash in Windows Explorer.
And I se the dublicates in the 'all video files' folder.
I have write about this problem some time earlier but dont get any solution.

Erik

Paul
05-21-2012, 05:44 PM
Hi Erik - I am happy to re-open your issue and try to resolve it. Can you tell me the full path for two files in "All Video" that are duplicates?

erimads
05-21-2012, 08:07 PM
Here are examples.
I:\Animation_A-F\BALTO_1.mpg
I:\\Animation_A-F\BALTO_1.mpg
H:\.......
H:\\.........
The only difference is the extra backslash.
It is almost every files that are duplicated, about 1000

Erik

Bodders-11
05-21-2012, 10:38 PM
Paul,
the definition of the mapped drive does NOT have an extra backslash. I attach a screen shot of the output of 'net use' - 268.

My question is really not so much 'Why is there 2 backslashes?' but more 'Why do some entries have 2 backslashes whilst the majority have just one and are therefore not duplicated?' The files were in place BEFORE Mezzmo was installed.

If it helps, I could try uninstalling Mezzmo and then install 2.6.1 directly. I could then see if the duplicates appear before or after a DB maintenance - or indded if at all?

Bodders

Paul
05-22-2012, 10:41 AM
Bodders & Erik, Many thanks for the follow-up information. We'll do some testing here to try to reproduce the problem. Bodders - if you want to start from a fresh Mezzmo database, that would be helpful for us to know if v2.6.1 does create the duplicates before or after maintaining the library. Thanks for offering to do this.

Bodders-11
05-22-2012, 04:03 PM
OK - will do that today.

BTW - have just noticed that in ...\Appdata\Local\Conceiva there is a Mezzmo.db (52kb) , MezzmoTranscode.db (15kb) and mezzmoMediaServer.ini. All dated 19/05/2012. These same files are ALSO in the sub-folder mezzmo - Mezzmo.db is 32MB and 21/05, Mezzmotranscode is 15kb and 21/05, MezzmoMediaServer.ini and 17/05.

The INI files are different i.e. \Appdata\Local\Conceiva\mezzmo\MezzmoMediaServer.i ni is :-
[Transcoding]
FFmpegPath=C:\Program Files (x86)\Conceiva\Mezzmo\
TranscodingFolder=C:\Users\******\AppData\Local\Co nceiva\Mezzmo\TranscodingFiles
[DB]
FileName=C:\Users\*******\AppData\Local\Conceiva\M ezzmo\Mezzmo.db
Port=53168
UseFolderJPGForVideo=0
PlaycountPercent=20
DeliverOnlyFoldersInRoot=1
DetectIPhone=0
Name=Mezzmo
[General]
StartupMode=0

whilst \Appdata\Local\Conceiva\Mezzmomediaserver.ini only has:-

[DB]
FileName=C:\Users\Mark\AppData\Local\Conceiva\Mezz mo.db

Could it be that the two sets of DB files are giving rise to the duplicated entries i.e. a merged view?

Bodders

Paul
05-22-2012, 05:09 PM
Thanks for reporting this. We'll check it out & fix it. However, I am confident that it will not be the reason for the duplicates.

erimads
05-22-2012, 07:21 PM
Some more info.
I have seen that new added files is not duplicated.
Then I tryed to run a total library maintain, after this all files are now duplicated.
The status when running is counting all the files two times.
In 'library properties' the 'number of files' is duble as many as I have.

Erik

Paul
05-22-2012, 07:26 PM
Many thanks, Erik. We'll look into this now & fix it.

Bodders-11
05-23-2012, 02:20 AM
Ok .

I have re-installed Mezzmo 2.6.1 and re-created all databases. I've added Video files only from my NAS and have run maintenance and done some manual property changes (e.g. apply Genre change). So far all files are showing up one time only i.e. no duplicates.

I'll keep prodding and poking it with my pointed stick

Bodders

Paul
05-23-2012, 10:12 AM
Many thanks for the testing & feedback, Bodders. Interesting that Erik can reproduce the problem whereas you cannot (as yet). We'll test it here also to try to reproduce the duplication.

erimads
05-23-2012, 06:51 PM
I have as bodders re-installed V2.6.1 added my video folders to the library.
When I then go into 'All video files' every thing looks ok.
But when I then go into a sub folder stutus shows 'getting video thumbnails' for the files in this folder.
And when I then go back to 'All video files' the files from this folder is now duplicated.
And this will happen for every sub folder I go into.

can it have something to do with it is the drives root (H:\ and I:\) I have added to the library
and on these drives I have a nummer of subfolders where the video files are placed.

Erik

Paul
05-24-2012, 09:55 AM
Thanks for the additional information, Erik. We'll try to replicate your workflow here so we can see them same problem.

Bodders-11
05-25-2012, 06:23 PM
Have upgraded to 2.6.2 and then tried to repeat Erik's steps. Still no duplicates.

Bodders

Paul
05-25-2012, 06:26 PM
Thanks for the feedback, Bodders. It's appreciated. We are still to replicate Erik's problem - but will continue trying next week. We'd like to fix it.

erimads
05-27-2012, 08:42 PM
I have reinstalled to 2.6.2 and done same task as before no change, duplicates is still there.

I am running Mezzmo on Windows XP pro SP3.

Erik

Paul
05-28-2012, 10:29 AM
Hi Erik,

Can you reproduce the issue again, but this time, turn on logging beforehand? That will help us understand why you are getting this duplication, but not the majority of other Mezzmo users. Turn on logging (see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging). Stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo. Restart Mezzmo again. Add your files, maintain your files, etc. to reproduce the problem. Once reproduced, stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo. Zip up all the logs and send them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

Paul
06-01-2012, 10:28 AM
Good news - the duplicates issues has been fixed. There is a patch available now for any user that has duplicates in the Mezzmo library. The fix will also be included in the next upcoming Mezzmo release.

Erik has tested the patch and confirmed that is is working for him (i.e. no more duplicates).