PDA

View Full Version : Stream a MKV file using a external .dts file audio track

ronin
05-20-2012, 09:34 PM
Hello,

I had just discovered Mezzmo and started using it for streaming content to my new Samsung UE40ES6100 Smart TV after I found that the AllShare software for PC that came with the TV lacks of support for certain codecs.

I just have a small doubt that I couldn't answer after a few searchs in the forum.

Is it possible with Mezzmo to stream a MKV video to my TV and use a external .dts file with a different language audio track?

I found that you can do something like that with .srt files for subtitles. If not, I suppose I must use some external tool first in order to insert the .dts track in the mkv container.

Thanks in advance for any tip or a link if this has been explained before in the forum.

Regards,

Paul
05-21-2012, 12:03 PM
The current version of Mezzmo does not let you associate and stream a video file and audio file. Actually, I don't know if any DLNA devices that will accept this mode of streaming. Typically, you need to have the video channel (e.g. H246) and audio channel (e.g. DTS) within a file container (e.g. MKV).

In your case, that means you will need to use a software tool to merge your preferred video and audio channels into a preferred file container. Try using MKVMerge. Or, perhaps some other Mezzmo users can tell you their preferred tool for doing this.