PDA

View Full Version : 47LM620T - can't fast forward/ rewind

zzchess
05-20-2012, 10:30 PM
Hi,
I am trialling Mezzmo. My problem is that I cannot fast forward or rewind any of my videos played on the TV via Mezzmo. I have the TV showing as [TV]47LM620T-ZE and the LG TV (2012 models) profile.

Am I doing anything wrong or is there something I am missing?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Paul
05-21-2012, 11:10 AM
If the file you are streaming is being transcoded on-the-fly by Mezzmo (so it can play on your TV), then whilst it is being transcoded you will not be able to FF/REW. This is because the transcoded file is still being created by Mezzmo server and you cannot FF to a point in the transcoded file that may not have been created as yet.

You can see if a file is being transcoded in Mezzmo by clicking on the Transcoding pane.

One workaround is to pre-transcode your files before playing them and this may allow you to FF/REW. To pre-transcode your files, right-click on the file in Mezzmo and click 'Pre-transcode File'. Once completely transcoded (see Transcoding pane for progress), then try streaming the file now. You should be able to FF/REW.

jdlev
07-26-2017, 05:32 AM
If the file you are streaming is being transcoded on-the-fly by Mezzmo (so it can play on your TV), then whilst it is being transcoded you will not be able to FF/REW. This is because the transcoded file is still being created by Mezzmo server and you cannot FF to a point in the transcoded file that may not have been created as yet.

You can see if a file is being transcoded in Mezzmo by clicking on the Transcoding pane.

One workaround is to pre-transcode your files before playing them and this may allow you to FF/REW. To pre-transcode your files, right-click on the file in Mezzmo and click 'Pre-transcode File'. Once completely transcoded (see Transcoding pane for progress), then try streaming the file now. You should be able to FF/REW.

I did everything you mentioned w/ pretranscoding and I'm still not able to fast forward...since I have trouble sitting still for more than 30 minutes, you can understand why watching movies would be a pain with no fast forward option. I'm wondering if it's the way I'm transcoding the files? I basically select 'preT files' as you've said...then when it gives me the options, I select the TV I want to transcode specifically for (it's a TCL). I then select format options, and select the options in bold, and select the no remuxing option at the bottom (I think that's the option...but can't say for certain...doing all this from memory). I just know when I select the 'no-remuxing' option...it takes 50x longer to transcode the file.

Also, the mezzmo app on my TV worked for a while, but now it's stopped recognizing the server. So I'm forced to use Roku's media server...which ironically has never had an issue finding the mezzmo server. I've run the search multiple times for the server, tried starting and stopping the media server and resetting both the tv and computer and nothing works. Not sure what else to try, any ideas???

jdlev
07-26-2017, 05:37 AM
I also figured I'd ask, in the pretranscoding or playing options, is there a way to stablilize the volume? We've had this weird thing go on where the sound effects and 'exciting' parts of movies (explosions, etc) are abnormally high in volume, and then the speech is ridiculo

Peter
07-26-2017, 09:03 AM
Fast forward for the Roku only works with hls, mkv and mp4 so please make sure you select one of these for transcoding with the Roku Streaming Media Player profile. Can you please try installing the Mezzmo beta channel https://my.roku.com/add/MezzmoBeta to see if this finds the server?

Currently there is no audio noise limiting in Mezzmo, in order to limit the noise of a video Mezzmo would need to transcode the video and apply a filter to normalize the audio. In the ffmpegAdditional.xml file in your DeviceProfiles folder we have an audio filter defined but it is not used in any profiles <ffmpegadditional id="normalize+audio">-af "volume=5dB"</ffmpegadditional>

You can edit the device profile used for your device and add this to the audio format

You will need to:
1. Open Mezzmo and stop your Mezzmo media server, then exit Mezzmo
2. Go to your device profiles folder (see this thread for its location: http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/467-FAQ-Where-are-device-profiles-located) and open the device profile your device is using then add ffmpegadditional="normalize+audio" to the preferred audio tag and save the profile
3. Open Mezzmo and start your Mezzmo media server

You may need to adjust the 5dB value to get the results you want, try pre-transcoding a file then play it on the device to see if it works correctly.