PDA

View Full Version : When the mezzmo 2.6.1.0 starts my netbook is completely stuck....

fits79
05-21-2012, 06:12 AM
Why when wirh mezzmo 2.5.5.0 the program works fine and when it starts my netbook NEVER stucks now with new 2.6.1.0 when it begins it COMPLETELY STUCK all my netbook and i must do a hard reset to unstuck....

I try to make uninstal and re-install and nothing change.

I BELIEVE YOU HAVE CRASH THE file "MezzmoSetService.exe" that is responsible for mezzmo service with all that changes......

Why don't you leave that file as it is at 2.5.5.0 so we can run the program even at netbooks or laptops because now WE CAN'T because it makes the laptop and netbook COMPLETELY STUCK.....

Paul
05-21-2012, 12:16 PM
Several users have reported a crash with Mezzmo v2.6.1. If you have not done so already, please send us the crash dump file when Mezzmo crashes. Please send to support [at] conceiva [dot] com. We are fixing it now and can supply you with a patch.

fits79
05-21-2012, 08:17 PM
But it isn't only one file it crash when it open the mezzmo 2.6.1.0 even you don't run any file.

From the run of the mezzmo 2.6.1.0 the netbook it stuck something that oldest versions like 2.5.5.0 don't happening.

Paul
05-22-2012, 09:52 AM
Please contact us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com and we can supply you with a patch to get you up and running.

fits79
05-22-2012, 09:58 AM
I thing it is better for other users to to post the link of the patch here so if anyone else has the same problem simply download that patch and fix it.

I thing that THIS is the support forum of the mezzmo program isn't it?

Paul
05-22-2012, 11:08 AM
Sorry, we don't put patches on the forum (as they quickly become out-of-date & people will get corrupted Mezzmo environments if they add them to non-compatible versions of Mezzmo).

Please contact us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com and we will supply you with a patch to get you up and running.

fits79
05-22-2012, 05:18 PM
One more time.
What did you mean become out-of-date/corrupted?

What patches are these that becomes program more unstable that already is?

And where is support of conceiva and what pm i must send to send me these patches....

Paul
05-22-2012, 05:45 PM
To make it easy for you, please go to http://www.conceiva.com/support and submit a support request. Once you have done that, we will respond to you with the patch to get you up and running.

fits79
05-22-2012, 07:08 PM
Support message sent

goingmad
05-22-2012, 08:51 PM
i have a similar issue so no point starting a new thread

Even when i have start mezzmo media server when windows starts ticked it doesnt. Also when i start the mezzmo gui to start the server it locks freezes my laptop

im using win 7 x64
6gb memory
quadcore amd cpu
quadcore amd

fits79
05-22-2012, 08:56 PM
So as i see it is not mine problem only but it is very common problem so PLEASE Conceiva support team fix these NO PRACTICAL problems.

THANKS

goingmad
05-22-2012, 09:36 PM
So as i see it is not mine problem only but it is very common problem so PLEASE Conceiva support team fix these NO PRACTICAL problems.

THANKS

nope u have a buddy lol I'm gonna test ubuntu 12.04 so ill try it through wine.

goingmad
05-23-2012, 01:53 AM
any advice on this from the admins?

fits79
05-23-2012, 01:58 AM
Not my friend even at the email i send to the support stuff i DON'T have any answers

fits79
05-23-2012, 02:03 AM
No my friend it DON'T send me any answer to the email i send to the support stuff of the program.

Try to make a complere re-install of the programm even when you do have it installed simply run the setup file and check repair option.
And completely delete these folders that stores some settings of the program

01. ProgramData\Conceiva
02. Users\Your computer name\AppData\Local\Conceiva

And re make the settings as you want.

goingmad
05-23-2012, 02:03 AM
I wasn't meaning u I find ur reply harsh. I was meaning Paul or Dennis from concievia.

tried that already no joy

fits79
05-23-2012, 02:14 AM
I know what you mean....

Are you sure you COMPLETELY DELETE these folder i tell you before????

If you do then try to make a complete uninstal delete folder restart the pc re-install the 2.5.5.0 program and try with that if it stuck the pc or not if it doesn't then update it if you want to the newest 2.6.1.0 version.

I tell you that because the 2.5.5.0 it is MORE STABLE than any other and i find that from my testings....

goingmad
05-23-2012, 02:37 AM
to be honest it was doing it with 2.5.0.0 a bit well

JohnM
05-23-2012, 05:29 AM
This is just my two cents worth. Most often when mezzmo seems to have locked up the system what is happening is that ffmpeg is transcoding one or more movies. This can use 100% cpu and make it seem like the system is frozen. What I have done to get past this is to start the task manager before mezzmo. Have it on the screen showing running processes. Have it sort by cpu usage (you can tell it is doing that if it shows system idle process at the top.) Now when you start mezzmo if you see ffmpeg appear it is trancoding. You can right click on the process and a menu will appear (be patient). On the menu you can set priority to low which will allow you to do other things. One of the things you will want to do is find out why it is transcoding. It may be using the wrong device profile. Fix that problem and you should be back to normal.

Paul
05-23-2012, 10:18 AM
fits79: We have sent you the patch via email. Please let us know if you can now start your Mezzmo server and stream files.

If any other user wants to try the patch, please contact us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com, or submit a support inquiry using http://www.conceiva.com/support

fits79
05-23-2012, 10:29 AM
fits79: We have sent you the patch via email. Please let us know if you can now start your Mezzmo server and stream files.

If any other user wants to try the patch, please contact us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com, or submit a support inquiry using http://www.conceiva.com/support
Don't change anything at all my friend and as ffmpeg or transcoding i have disabled transcoding by mezzmo settings so....

I don't know what you can do but you must find a MORE STABLE services to make mezzmo work with these services and that services that you now use because as you see is UNSTABLE ENOUGH TO POINT IT BECOME HARD TO RUN IT.

fits79
05-24-2012, 10:45 PM
So do we have any news about that?

Paul
05-25-2012, 12:15 PM
Sorry for the delay. We are currently preparing a minor update (v2.6.2) that should get you up and running.

fits79: Once it is released, I would recommend that you uninstall Mezzmo and install the new v2.6.2 version. If you experience a crash after that, please send us your crash dump file to our support email address so we can best determine the problem.

fits79
05-25-2012, 11:24 PM
Why from mezzmo 2.6.0.0 we have problems????

What did you change from 2.5.5.0 that causes all that problems?

Now with the new 2.6.2.0 does it change anything or not?
goingmad & JohnM what do you thing????

I have a backup of 2.5.5.0 that every time i stuck with the new 2.6.x.x i install the oldest 2.5.x.x

Paul
05-26-2012, 07:57 AM
Many users that experienced problems with v2.6.0.0 are now reporting that they have been fixed with v2.6.2.0, so please try it and let us know how you go.

fits79
05-26-2012, 09:23 AM
I try it one time and work fine but let me use it more than once time and tell you....

So for your experience what was the problem?

I believe you are the programmer behind the mezzmo is that true?

Paul
05-28-2012, 10:03 AM
Glad you are up and running now. Sorry for all the troubles you had. Let us know if you need further help.

fits79
06-01-2012, 04:27 AM
Sorry to tell that but even the new 2.6.2.0 version of the program after 20 close and re-open the program even the pc is shuting down IS MAKE NETBOOK/DEKSTOP/LAPTOP COMPLETELY STUCK SO YOU DON'T FIX ANYTHING AT ALL SORRY TO TELL THAT BUT THIS IS THE TRUE....

The more stable edition of the program was the 2.5.4.0 and 2.5.5.0 PLEASE RETURN THE FILE "MezzmoSetService" TO THE 2.5.5.0 RELEASE THAT WAS THE MORE STABLEST EDITION OF THE PROGRAM.

Paul
06-01-2012, 11:33 AM
I am very sorry for your troubles, fits79. We will try to help fix your problem.

Are you getting any crashes in Mezzmo or Mezzmo server? If you do, please send us the crash dump zip files to our support email address. They really help us find out what the problem is so we can help you.

When your laptop/computer gets stuck, please go to Windows Task Manager (press Ctrl+Alt+Del keys on your keyboard to display Windows Task Manager). In Task Manager, go to the Processes tab and select show all processes from all users checkbox/button. What processes are using all your CPU? Click the CPU column to sort the processes by CPU. Please take a screenshot and send it to us.

Another thing to try is to turn on logging in Mezzmo (see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging). Restart your Mezzmo server and restart Mezzmo. When your laptop/computer gets stuck, reboot your computer and then zip up all the logs and send them to our support email address. That will help us see what is happening inside Mezzmo and Mezzmo server when things get stuck on your computer/laptop.

fits79
06-01-2012, 11:38 AM
The only thing i know is that i run the mezzmo.exe file and the prg is tuck BEFORE IT RUN and make all the desktop/netbook and laptop to stuck until i make a force restart.

I try to do that you tell with task manager but the thing is when the prg stuck it makes THE PC A LOT OF SLOW SO IT IS TOOOOOOO SLOW TO MAKE ALL THESE THINGS...

Paul
06-01-2012, 03:17 PM
Please try this: Using Windows Explorer, go to this folder:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Conceiva\Mezzmo

(where <username> is your Windows username. If you cannot find this folder, then search for "Mezzmo.db" on your computer and you should find the correct folder this way.)

Rename the 'Mezzmo' folder to '_Mezzmo'. This will make Mezzmo start from a fresh database, in case anything is corrupted in your current Mezzmo database. Run Mezzmo now. Does it start up OK?

If Mezzmo did not start up OK, then try this: Using Windows Explorer, go to the Mezzmo program folder and rename the 'CER.DLL' file to '_CER.DLL'. Run Mezzmo now. Does it start up OK?

Let me know how you go.

fits79
06-03-2012, 08:18 AM
So i check which files is 90 - 100% of cpu and that is the "mezzmo.exe & ffmpeg.exe" even i DON'T have enable the transcoding at the program so...

Do you gonna fix that?

Paul
06-04-2012, 01:08 PM
After following my previous instructions, I assume Mezzmo started up first time OK?

The reason for the ffmpeg.exe running probably since it is creating video thumbnails. ffmpeg.exe is used for two purposes in Mezzmo - (i) transcoding files and (ii) creating video thumbnails. Did you add some video files into your Mezzmo library? If so, then that may explain why 'ffmpeg.exe' is running in Windows Task Manager. You can see this in Mezzmo when you can see "Creating Video Thumbnails" displayed in the Status pane.

What is the spec of your computer running Mezzmo? (please include CPU, RAM, free HDD).

fits79
06-04-2012, 02:53 PM
No i don't add or delete any folder but even i add or remove folder that was different from these folder i was added at the beginning of the program NORMALLY it mustdn't be any problem at all.

Tell me how i can disable the creation of thumbnails so it never stuck afain.

The netbook has:
Cpu -> Intel Atom N280, 1666 MHz
Ram -> 1gb ddr2 sdram
Operating system -> win7 starter 32bit greek
Hdd -> 250gb 5400rpm toshiba

But the same exactly thing it was doing it to another 2 pc's with
Cpu -> intel core2duo 2.2ghz
Ram -> 4gb ddr2
Operating system -> Win7 ultimate 64bit greece
Hdd -> 350gb 7200 maxtor + 500gb 7200 western digital

So the problem IT ISN'T THE PC so it is something else that you must change after the 2.5.x.x editions so you MUST FIX IT....

Paul
06-04-2012, 03:28 PM
Sorry, in the current version of Mezzmo, you cannot disable the creation of video thumbnails.

Your netbook and desktop computers are underpowered for transcoding & streaming HD video to your devices. We do recommend at least a quad-core CPU with 4GB RAM.

If you want to go back to v2.5.x, then email our support team and we will supply that to you.

fits79
06-04-2012, 03:40 PM
HA HA HA HA....
THIS IS YOUR ANSWER??????

To buy another powerful computer BECAUSE YOUR PROGRAM WANT MORE CPU THAN CORE2DUO???

THIS IS A VERY RIDICULOUS ANSWER AND I DON'T EXCEPT THAT FROM YOU.....

I TRY THE PROGRAM AND TO ONE INTEL I5 LAPTOP WITH THE SAME SYMPTONS(NOW YOU TELL ME TO BUY ONE INTEL I7 COMPUTER CORRECT?)

AND WHY AS YOU SAY I HAVE NOT POWERFUL CPU THE 2.5.X.X EDITION DON'T HAS ANY THAT KIND OF PROBLEMS?

THE 2.5.X.X. DON'T HAVE THE CREATION OF THUMBNAILS? AS I SEE IT HAS IT SO....
And how the samsung allshare manager program WORKS JUST FINE WITHOUT ANY PROBLEMS even at hd movies at win7 starter 32bit netbook with intel atom 1.6ghz cpu???
This program how it DON'T NEED MORE POWERFUL CPU??????????? Answer me to THAT QUESTION please????

THIS IS THE PROOF THAT I OR ANYONE ELSE DON'T NEED ANY PC WITH MORE POWERFUL CPU BUT TO CHANGE THE DLNA PROGRAM BECAUSE IT IS BETTER FROM BUYING ONE NEW PC AS YOU SUGGEST AS A SOLUTION.

And believe me the allshare manager CREATE THUMBNAILS so....

The answer you suggest IT IS NOT A VERY RESPONSIBLE ANSWER from you and that will see it people here if you DON'T delete that post.

JohnM
06-05-2012, 03:11 PM
He did offer to supply you with a copy of version 2.5 if you wanted it. I also happen to have a similar netbook we got for the grand-daughter. She won't use it to visit facebook because it is so slow. You do not need a high end pc to serve files, but do need them to transcode files. You have stated that ffmpeg is running. What is it doing? If it is transcoding a movie, than you need to look at why. Did the device profile change when you upgraded?

fits79
06-05-2012, 03:41 PM
As ALREADY TALLIED i have COMPLETELY DISABLE THE TRANSCODING FEATURE OF THE PROGRAM so....
I DON'T USE THIS PROGRAM FOR TRANSCODE ONLY FOR TRANSFER THE VIDEO FILES INTO MY SAMSUNG LE40C653 AND NOTHING MORE....

And no the profile is still at samsung c.