PDA

View Full Version : Chapters don't show video thumbnails!

Josip
05-21-2012, 07:05 PM
Hi,

Chapters work but only show the default Mezzmo thumbnail.

Installed Mezzmo 2.6.1
Ran full database update.

Showing the video thumbnails hasn't worked for a few previous versions of Mezzmo.
I was hoping that the latest version would fix that.

Running Samsung Plasma D7000 with Samsung C profile.

Cheers,

Josip

Gus
05-21-2012, 11:02 PM
Josip,

that is correct, my understanding is that Mezzmo's chapter points do not have unique thumbs or screen grabs, they all show the default one.

You can however edit the .PRF file to customise the thumbnail for all chapters. i.e. change the default Mezzmo logo thumbnail to one of your own.

cheers

Gus

Paul
05-22-2012, 07:57 AM
Yes - that's right. No thumbnails are displayed for the auto chapter points that Mezzmo auto-generates.

Josip
05-22-2012, 05:04 PM
I'm guessing that I would have seen the thumbnails generated by Samsung's AllShare and Mezzmo was displaying them.

Will Mezzmo be incorporating the feature of generating thumbnails in the future?

Thanks guys for the help.:D

Cheers

Josip

Paul
05-22-2012, 05:31 PM
I'm guessing that I would have seen the thumbnails generated by Samsung's AllShare and Mezzmo was displaying them.

If Mezzmo finds a .MTA file in the same folder as your video files, then it will stream it instead of auto-generating chapters. That allows you to create your own .MTA files with AllShare, etc.

Will Mezzmo be incorporating the feature of generating thumbnails in the future?

Possibly - we do have it on our development list and may consider it for a future version.

Josip
05-25-2012, 03:48 PM
I installed Samsung AllShare to generate chapters. Mezzmo just displayed the default chapter thumbnails instead of the new generated ones made by AllShare.
They display properly using Allshare.

Steps I took:
1: Removed existing mta files.
2: Generated new mta files via AllShare.
3: Updated Mezzmo database.

Shouldn't Mezzmo at least display the generated chapter thumbnails made by Samsung AllShare?

Thanks.
Josip

Paul
05-25-2012, 04:21 PM
Hi Josip,

Send us a set of logs and we'll see what Mezzmo is delivering to your TV. Turn on logging (see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) and restart your Mezzmo server. Stream the video that has the .MTA chapter file. Display the chapters on your TV and then you can stop your Mezzmo server. Zip up the logs and send them to us at support [st] conceiva [dot] com.

Gus
05-25-2012, 05:43 PM
I installed Samsung AllShare to generate chapters. Mezzmo just displayed the default chapter thumbnails instead of the new generated ones made by AllShare.
They display properly using Allshare.

Steps I took:
1: Removed existing mta files.
2: Generated new mta files via AllShare.
3: Updated Mezzmo database.

Shouldn't Mezzmo at least display the generated chapter thumbnails made by Samsung AllShare?

Thanks.
Josip

Can you attach one of the MTA files that AllShare creates? i'll see if my setup sees it.

cheers

Gus

Josip
05-25-2012, 06:10 PM
I have attacked an mta file that was generated by AllShare. :)

Gus
05-25-2012, 06:48 PM
I have attacked an mta file that was generated by AllShare. :)

OK, it worked fine on my LE40C650 TV. Here is what i did and it worked first time:

1. Downloaded the ZIP file attachment, unzipped the MTA file and removed the hidden flag.
2. Renamed to the same filename as my MKV (I have the same video file so that was lucky), but ending .MTA insted of .MKV
so the files are:
Batman Begins[1080p].mkv
Batman Begins[1080p].mta <--- your file

3. Copied MTA file into Mezzmo videos folder.
4. Run a Maintenance, and selected Video files, Update Media Properties, Only update missing info.

Once complete, went to the TV and it shows the thumbs for all chapters instead of the Mezzmo logo.

I hope this helps.

Gus

Paul
05-25-2012, 08:27 PM
Hi Gus,

Many thanks for testing this for Josip.

Josip
05-26-2012, 06:38 PM
Thanks guys for helping me out. Renaming the extension from movie.mkv.mta to movie.mta got the thumbnail chapters displaying.

I have thousands of movies/tv shows and having to rename all the mta files that Samsung AllShare generates is not going to happen.
Why can't Mezzmo me made to read the naming convention that AllShare creates...

*I did come across a weird issue.
When I try to play a movie with the mta file named as:
Batman Begins (2005)_1080p.AC3.TrueHD.mkv
Batman Begins (2005)_1080p.AC3.TrueHD.mta
Mezzmo would try to tanscode the movie even though the tv can play it natively.
Therefore I have to disable transcoding for the device and then everything works as it should.

Using Mezzmo 2.6.2.0

Paul
05-28-2012, 10:16 AM
Hi Josip,

We'll add a check for both <filename>.mta and <filename>.<ext>.mta so you do not need to rename all your 1000's of MTA files. We'll include this improvement in the next Mezzmo release. You can contact us now at support [at] conceiva [dot] com to get the patch if you would like it now.

With regards the transcoding issue: (i) what device profile are you using for your TV in Mezzmo? and (ii) please post the FFmpeg information on the file that is being transcoded (right-click on the file in Mezzmo and click 'Get FFmpeg Information').

Paul
05-29-2012, 04:52 PM
Josip - we just sent a patch for you to try with improved AllShare MTA file detection & streaming. Let us know how it goes. If other Samsung TV owners wish to try it, contact us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

Josip
05-30-2012, 04:17 PM
I have tested the new patch and mta files still don't work. I emailed the log files to support. I hope that helps.

Paul
05-31-2012, 05:14 PM
Thanks for the logs, Josip. We think we have fixed the issue now, and have just sent you another patch. Let us know if that works better. Many thanks.

Josip
05-31-2012, 07:15 PM
It works! :)
Thanks Paul.

Paul
06-01-2012, 10:37 AM
Glad it's working now, Josip. Thanks for confirming the fix & your helpful feedback.

We'll add the fix into the next upcoming Mezzmo release. Or, if any users want the patch now to fix the chapter thumbnails not appearing for AllShare MTA files, please contact us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

Josip
06-01-2012, 04:09 PM
Hi Paul,

Here is the FFmpeg info that you requested for the file that is being transcoded.
I am using the "Samsung C" profile.

Paul
06-01-2012, 04:44 PM
Hi Josip,

Contact us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com and we'll provide you with an updated Samsung C device profile to try.

Josip
06-02-2012, 11:08 AM
HI Paul,
Thanks for the updated Samsung C profile it works. Will this fix be in the next release of Mezzmo?

Paul
06-04-2012, 12:57 PM
Thanks for letting us know. We will include the update device profile in the next Mezzmo release.