PDA

View Full Version : Maintain Library - File or Folder level?

mezzmo@mvg.za.net
05-25-2012, 07:54 PM
Hi There

Is there a way to do library maintenance on just a specific sub-directory (or better yet file)?

Sometimes I make changes in a specific folder and want to update the information for the files in that file, but there only seems to be the option to Maintain The entire Library?

Any ideas/suggestions?

The Maintain Playlist still seems to go through the entire library!

Mark

Paul
05-25-2012, 08:25 PM
Right-click on the playlist or folder in the tree in Mezzmo and click Maintain Playlist.

mezzmo@mvg.za.net
05-25-2012, 08:49 PM
Right-click on the playlist or folder in the tree in Mezzmo and click Maintain Playlist.

Hi Paul

I tried that... See attachment.

I used a folder with 5 files in it (Video). If you looks at the Status Tab while this is running it is doing more than just the Playlist :eek: Already processed 178 files and only 8% done.

Cheers
Mark

Paul
05-26-2012, 07:56 AM
Hi Mark,

When you try to maintain a folder (as distinct from a playlist), Mezzmo always starts at the root folder that you added into Mezzmo (and not the sub-folder that you clicked on). So it is not maintaining your complete Mezzmo library, but all the files/sub-folders in the folder. We'll look at improving this so you can select sub-folders.

mezzmo@mvg.za.net
05-28-2012, 02:49 PM
Mezzmo always starts at the root folder that you added into Mezzmo (and not the sub-folder that you clicked on).

Hi Paul

I suppose that does make sense, though a bit unfortunate... Not usually an issue, just when you are making a small change and would like to see the effect ASAP.

Will look forward to the improvement though.

Cheers
Mark