PDA

View Full Version : Upgraded to 2.6.2 from 2.5 - awful quality, blocky videos

fcosenti
05-26-2012, 04:13 AM
Hi,

I have a Toshiba Regza 46WL800A, updated to the latest software. The Mezzmo server is a quad-core i7 overclocked to 3.7 GHz with 8 Gbytes of RAM and running Windows 7 64 bits. Server and TV are using Gigabit wired network.

I was happily running Mezzmo 2.5 with excellent quality of videos. Yesterday I started Mezzmo and I got a notification of upgrade to 2.6.2. Now, videos are awful. They look blocky, with large areas of same colour. Basically transcoding is broken big times.

Help!!

Paul
05-26-2012, 08:03 AM
Please stop your Mezzmo server. Then go to the Media Devices dialog and delete all devices. Start you Mezzmo server and your Toshiba TV will be detected again. In the Media Devices dialog, make sure your TV is using the right Toshiba TV device profile. Now try streaming again. If it is still broken, then we will need to see a set of logs. Turn on logging (see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging). Restart your Mezzmo server and stream the file again. When it appears blocky, stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo. Zip up the logs and send them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

fcosenti
05-26-2012, 01:55 PM
I tried your recommendations, but the quality did not improve. I noticed a change in the way the videos look now, however. I sent an email with attached logs to support.

Paul
05-28-2012, 10:19 AM
Got your logs - thanks. We'll respond shortly after we analyze them.