PDA

View Full Version : Odd 2.6.2.0 Behavior

dehalley
05-26-2012, 08:00 AM
Windows 7 Ultimate SP1

Updated. Upon restart, Mezzmo apparently came online OK. However, the server component immediately started using a large amount of CPU cycles, although it was not being asked to transcode anything. When I tried to stop it via the program interface, I was prompted to enter my Windows password in order to register the "new" program. However, when I provided the information, I got an error message that the program could not be registered. I killed the process, then started the server via the interface and it behaved normally. I loaded a test video and it ran fine. I rebooted again and got the same exact results.

So, this is to report that loading Mezzmo upon startup with the server enabled is broken, at least on my machine.

Thanks,

Don

Paul
05-28-2012, 10:02 AM
That does sound strange. Please go to Windows Services and check if you see more than one Mezzmo service listed there. If it happens again, then we'd like to see a set of logs to help us determine what may be the reason for the problem. To create a set of logs, please turn on logging (see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging). Then follow the steps to reproduce the problem you mention. Once reproduced, stop your server and exit Mezzmo. Zip up all the logs and send them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

dehalley
05-29-2012, 01:29 AM
Only one Mezzmo service listed. The behavior persisted through several reboots, then went away. Some loading order conflict, I suppose. Sure is hard to trouble shoot Windows problems these days - it's such a rapidly moving target. I don't think my computer ever boots the same way any two times in a row. Thanks for your quick response!

Paul
05-29-2012, 10:34 AM
Glad you are up and running now. Let us know if it re-occurs.